XXI

I still have no intentions of canceling this story. Come hell or high water, I will see this project to the very end. The only thing that will stop me is death or being incapacitated. I would accept nothing else.

--------------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc II: The Incident

Chapter XXI: The Demon Versus The Dragon Part 1

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Some of the greatest battles will be fought within the silent chambers of the soul."

-Ezra Taft Benson

--------------------------------------------------------------

Toshinori sat in Principal Nezu's office, breathing heavily into a portable oxygen tank. It was a simple but effective treatment to ease the pain and make his condition tolerable. He could smell a fresh pot of tea currently being brewed by the animal educator as he eased into his seat with a slight wheeze.

"You should have been more careful, All Might," Nezu cautiously chided the skinny man as he began to pour tea for himself.

"I know, I still find it difficult not to step in when I can," said Toshinori, his voice unusually soft. He re-adjusted himself on the couch and accepted a cup from his boss. He was ready to hear a lecture, only to be surprised when Nezu locked the door to his office.

"We have a small update on the investigation," Nezu stated as he settled himself on the seat opposite where Toshinori sat. "On one hand, it appears that either Kai Doumeki is either extremely lucky or cleaner than we initially thought. We found nothing linking him directly to corruption at the hands of the Neocons. Aside from circumstantial evidence that wouldn't hold up in any hearing," he held up his teacup to his snout. "Let alone prosecution." Nezu took a small sip of tea, allowing Toshinori to speak, yet the pro remained silent, allowing Nezu to continue.

"Thankfully, Sir Nighteye was prepared for such a possibly and still made plans to open an inquiry from within the Diet itself to investigate the Neocons," Nezu took another sip. "Specifically, one of the heads, a gentleman named Hideyoshi Anno, the Majority Leader in the House of Representatives. If we can't pin the Chief-Superintendent one way, then we will find another way, at the source itself."

Toshinori finally found his voice after taking a sip of tea and letting the information sink in. "Has there been anything new from any of the other teams? Endeavor? Gang Orca?"

"Gang Orca and others have noticed that there has been a sharp decrease in crime on his latest patrols," Nezu paused before sipping some more tea. "And there some rumors speak of a new alliance growing in the underworld called: The League of Villains," he took another though tentative sip. "And if what we are hearing is true, they are apparently recruiting in droves. While the only update I've gotten from Endeavor is that his contact is currently...' Babysitting'."

"Babysitting... interesting term to use..." Toshinori shook his head. "But as for the rumors in the underworld. There's usually some manner of truth to them and given what happened last week. I can't help but feel a bit more on edge like something big is about to happen," Toshinori said gravely; as he set his cup down on the table. "Anything else?"