XXX

The next few chapters serve as the middle of the first Saga of this story.

Going forward from here, expect questions, answers, new mysteries, and some payoff for the sub-plots to begin.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc III: The Sports Festival

Chapter XXX: The Ghosts of The Past

------------------------------------------------------------

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."

-Harriet Beecher Stowe

------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku and Katsuki walked alone with the cleaning supplies they brought for the occasion. Despite a slightly more somber mood, the two boys couldn't help but chat a little more freely since neither family nor other friends were there at the moment. It was a bit of a walk to reach their destination, so they took complete advantage of it.

"I told you to confess to Kyū when you had the chance," Izuku commented with a tiny smirk etched on his face. He was doing his best not to laugh, knowing that Katsuki was feeling the cold sting of reality when Ryūko joined them today. And introduced all of them to a gentleman named Shinya Kamihara, her new boyfriend.

Even though neither realized it was Edgeshot in a very thorough civilian attire.

"If we weren't in a graveyard right now, I would beat your ass for that," Katsuki answered back through gritted teeth, clearly still annoyed by fact. Izuku could almost see the blood vessel in his forehead ready to pop out but knew that Katsuki didn't mean it. Besides, Izuku may have wanted some payback for all of the teasing Katsuki had done to him about Ochako.

Even if he was crushing on her hard.

"Look at the bright side Kacchan; you're basically free now, right?" The broccoli head shrugged.

"Plus, you've even dated a bit back in middle school! So I'm pretty sure you'll find someone else." Izuku continued speaking offhandedly as if he was talking about the pleasant weather they were having that spring day.

Katsuki sighed, only to have a shit-eating grin grow on his face as he remembered the story he had heard from Ochako and decided now was a good time to place some bread crumbs. Now it was time to dish out a little payback of his own.

"That's funny," Katsuki began slyly.

"I could almost say the same about your princess from elementary school," the blond looked aside to Izuku. "You finally gave up on finding her, now that you have Uraraka?"

Izuku's face broke out in a shade of red so fast that even Katsuki worried that his friend would faint.

"N-no-no, I mean yes...I mean...Ochako and I aren't even dating!"

"I don't know. You're still addressing her by her first name, adopted Eri," Katsuki began casually listing off with his free hand. Enjoying the sweet revenge he was dishing out to his best friend. "Hell, Ryūko caught you two cuddling together this morning."

"Kyū promised she wouldn't say anything!" Izuku almost yelled out, hiding his face with his hands. Which only made it harder for Katsuki to hold back his laughter. "I-it was an accident! We were tired from the whole day and just fell asleep when reading Eri, her favorite story!"