XIV

Welcome to the first chapter of Arc: II

I want to preface this chapter by reminding readers, both old and new, that you do not need to know anything about Etrian Odyssey to follow this story. While this story is inspired by elements of the game, there is very little from the story itself being used. At most, there are a few easter eggs here and there. But again, anything story-related will be addressed directly by the text in due time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc II: The Incident

Chapter XIV: The first move

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"They say it is the first step that costs the effort. I do not find it so. I am sure I could write unlimited 'first chapters.' I have; indeed written many."

-J. R.R. Tolkien

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Overhaul was being led by a squat seedy little man.

One of Giran's creatures, Overhaul, had reasoned with little doubt since the information broker himself has been notably scarce as of late in the Underworld. While the little man himself apparently didn't know who exactly had attacked his crew. He claimed to know the people that did as he led Overhaul to a warehouse on the outskirts of town in the dead of night.

"Right this way, Lord Chisaki." the short man wheezed, opening the warehouse door with the lowest bow his large stomach could allow. The inside of the warehouse was poorly lit. Yet, Overhaul already knew who was there, the heir-apparent to The Emperor: The Pale Prince, Tomura Shigaraki.

"Lord Shigaraki, I have brought your guest," the man called before taking a few steps back and closing the door behind him.

Overhaul wasn't afraid, and though their first encounter a couple weeks ago hadn't been the best, no fight had broken out. Yet, a line had been drawn in the sand representing the divide between the new and old guard of the Underworld. Although its name may have changed over the years. It was always the same organization led by the one the Yakuza referred to as The Emperor of Darkness.

An appropriate title as it was one that many Yakuza Lords believed he earned when he had surfaced all those years ago, usurping power from them in the Underworld. Becoming mightier than the Four Cardinal Kings, the greatest of Yakuza. However, no name was ever given from this Emperor, for he simply went by the name of his illness: All For One.

And as Overhaul stepped further into the large building, his beak mask helped filter some of the stale, dusty air of the warehouse. However, the germaphobe still couldn't help but feel just a bit more agitated the deeper he went inside of it. His golden eyes began to scan the room when he finally spotted him.

Tomura Shigaraki simply sat there, sporting his signature black-blue outfit with fake hands all over his body, sitting on a small wooden chair in the center of the warehouse with a small light that hung over his head like a spotlight. As Overhaul moved to face Tomura. He kept a respectful and healthy distance from the Hand-Covered man knowing one wrong touch from either could mean their untimely ends.