I

Enjoy the updated chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc I: Origins

Chapter I: The Knight and The Princess

----------------------------------------------------------------

"We do not remember days; we remember moments."

-Cesare Pavese, The Burning Brand

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Mama, is that really how it ends?" Ochako asked sadly; as she tried to wipe the tears from her eyes. "Even after everything? Why did Jin have to go?"

Tenma looked at her daughter with a sigh as she finished up reading an old classic from the twenty-first century known as The Labyrinth of the World Trees: The Knights of Fafnir.*

It had been a favorite of Tenma's growing up and was now used as a bedtime story for her daughter Ochako. It was a grandiose tale of adventure, heroism, and sacrifice with a bittersweet ending that was said to be fated to all who bore the title of The Fafnir Knight. The ones who wore the armor made from the Fell Dragon: Fafnir. A monstrous and twisted creature of Darkness, whose powers now served justice rather than evil.

"It is, sweetie, but in the end, his sacrifice is what saved them all. As any brave hero would have done to protect the ones they loved."

"Then why do they keep looking for him? If he's really gone?"

Tenma carefully reached out to gently hold her daughter's hand.

"One of the hardest things to do for someone you love is to let them go, but please remember Ochako: he may have disappeared, but it was never said that he truly died when he completed his mission," Ochako looked at her mother with hopeful eyes, "Jin did something that all previous Fafnir Knights had failed to do...I like to think that in the ending beyond the pages, they found him safe and sound with Arianna by his side happily ever after."

It was with this that Ochako finally seemed to calm down. Still engrossed in the story, she asked, "Ma... will I ever find a knight of my own?"

When met with those bright brown, tender eyes, Tenma giggled. Ochako was only four years old and still too young to understand. Nevertheless, it didn't hurt to humor her for a bit.

"Maybe...if you find someone who is kind and helpful, helpful... someone who can make you feel safe like the heroes who protect us all today, then yes. Yes, you could find yourself a knight, even if they don't exist as they used to today."

She ended storytime by tucking Ochako under the covers and gently brushing her bangs away to kiss her daughter's forehead.

"Alright, dear, now it's time to sleep."

With that, the young girl smiled, and sleep soon befell her, not knowing she would find a knight of her own a few months later.

---------------------------------------------------------

Springtime in Musutafu Park could easily be described as a paradise for the children at play. Sunny, warm, and with a light breeze blowing cool air every so often, the flowers had returned to bloom after a rather cold and unforgiving winter. Laughing children could be heard throughout the park, with the kids romping on the playground or exploring the small forest nearby.