XXXII

I remembered when I foolishly believed that I could do the golden week chapters as one massive chapter.

Then I decided it would be split into two chapters; then it became two and a half chapters; then, after a really stubborn amount of self-reflection. I realized that I needed three whole chapters.

Three massive chapters to get everything I needed to get across while having better pacing and character development.

This story is a slow burn for a reason.

---------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc III: The Sports Festival

Chapter XXXII: Golden Week Part 2

---------------------------------------------------

Thursday Part 2

He was alone once again, surrounded by swirls of shadow.

Izuku had returned; he didn't know how or why, but he was back here again.

Alone and surrounded by that thick encompassing darkness once again with only a lone campfire to keep the darkness at bay. He found himself seated, but at least his mouth was free from the dark mist that had covered it the last time he was here, yet most of his body was still shrouded in darkness.

As his bright emerald eyes adjusted to the dim glow of the light, Izuku moved his head to check his surroundings, looking for what he had seen before in the shadows the last time he had been here. He found nothing of the previous sight with one exception; the Knight in black armor could be seen from the corner of his eyes, marching around the campsite without a sound. Izuku's green eyes continued to follow the Black Knight's endless march, at least until he felt a gentle hand upon his shoulder.

"You may come forward, Sir Knight; it is time for you to speak," spoke a cool, calming voice.

A voice Izuku had heard before when he had come here the first time, yet he tried to remain focused on the Black Knight who continued his patrol around the camp. The Black Knight would continue his march until coming to a halt and turning to face them. Izuku couldn't help but jump when he saw those familiar golden-yellow eyes visible from under his helm.

"Easy there, my dear," the voice said reassuringly, a gloved yellow hand patting his shoulder as Izuku tensed up.

"Do not let fear conquer you, face him and learn." The voice advised before addressing their shadowy guest. "You may come forward."

Upon being granted permission, the Black Knight slowly began to march forward.

Izuku narrowed his eyes as he began to see more and more details of the shadow who wore a set of armor like that of a classical knight. Yet, as this knight drew closer, one detail stood out. The crest design etched into the Black Knight's breastplate looked so familiar.

"Is it really you...my son?" A familiar voice rasped out from the shadowy knight once he reached the edge of the campfire's light. The sad eyes under the black helm began to glow warmly. "You've grown up to become so strong...I'm so proud of you."

"Dad?" Whispered Izuku with his jaw-dropping eyes growing wide from the sheer shock of hearing that voice for the first time in years. "Is that you? How? Why? Just-"