V

Yes, I'm still active; I'm just prepping for the next update with the rewrites.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc I: Origins

Chapter V: What it means to be a Hero

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again."

-Ram Charan

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was another spring morning, yet another day for Izuku Midoriya as he walked down the street on his way to Aldera Junior High School. Happily scrolling down the screen on his phone while he held back a frown. He was getting close to the train crossing,

The anniversary of his father's death had just passed, and the tabloids were making their usual spiel and slander over the incident five years ago. The battle with the dangerous supervillain, who remains unnamed to this day. From rumors of secret love children and hidden affairs behind his wife's back to more nonsense that claimed he went rogue and that the unnamed villain was just a cover-up.

All of which only fueled the bitter resentment in his stomach and the growing doubts in his heart.

Izuku's personal life was a struggle, to say the least. As the only son of the deceased Pro-Hero, who had been labeled a disgrace in a society where family reputation went a long way*. Many held his family line as cursed due to the damages and loss of civilian life that Hisashi Midoriya was said to have caused all those years ago. Yet, his father had still stopped an incredibly dangerous supervillain, right? And his reward for this sacrifice?

His reputation was destroyed; his family was left behind in economic strain, abandoned and tossed aside by many of their so-called family and friends.

To this day, there are only a few people like the Bakugou family. They stayed loyal and firmly by their side even through the very worst of it all. Thankfully, once they made it to middle school, no one at Aldera knew the truth of Izuku being Draco Knight's son. The only people who knew were Katsuki, who would never say a word to protect his friend, and the school's principal, who was thankfully an understanding man.

Yet now, it was even easier to hide the truth since Izuku hadn't been able to use his quirk since his father's passing. After seeing several quirk specialists, it was determined that Izuku had placed a mental block on his powers. One so strong that he couldn't even activate his quirk by accident. Well, that was one of the few things that have improved over the years. To everyone at school, it seemed like Izuku was simply a quirkless kid. A weak, worthless nobody.

However, being a nobody may have been just a bit better and easier to accept than being the son of a disgraced hero. At least then, he wouldn't have as big of a target on his back by the school and the general public.

But all of this only compounded the notion that he shouldn't be a hero.

He lost his heart and therefore was stripped of his armor, unworthy of it.

Yet despite his apparent quirkless-ness, he continued his physical training. Maybe not to the degree he had used to do under his father, but enough that he had still maintained his physique and managed to develop quite a bit of muscle from it. He hoped that he would be ready on the day his heart would return. Besides, the exercises did help, even if minutely.