XIII

Welcome back, dear readers!

Now for new readers. This chapter may be a little confusing. Rest assured you didn't miss anything. This is the first chapter of Arc VII. But the next chapter will return you back to where you left off. There is a fundamental long-term reason why this and four other chapters like this one will exist between each Arc.

All I say is trust me, I know what I'm doing, and just have fun with the mysterious nature of these special chapters.

--------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc VII: The Ephemeral Lands.

Chapter XIII: Denial Part 1

--------------------------------------------------------

"I protect myself by refusing to know myself."

Floriano Martins

--------------------------------------------------------

"Yf Syhh aqqh lfntuvq tf aynwf, jgf xhqtlq jqtn syfi yf."*

"Right," she answered as she lay there waiting. She had been waiting for quite some time now. Waiting for news about him, for some kind of update, anything whatsoever. Now she was about to be taken on a journey to find him.

"Wqufth kbuftkf wtpq, lftupjo abn fiq uqgnth hyuc syfi Atauyn."

"Gntzyfo, fiq uqrf aqs wbwqufl tnq knyfykth. Xhqtlq nqhtr tup mglf abkgl bu iyw, bcto?"

"I understand," she answered as she was suddenly swallowed by darkness, despite the rapid change in atmosphere. She remained relaxed and continued as instructed. She felt like she was sinking; the void felt almost like water, yet it was light as if it were air. As she focused, several ambient sounds were beginning to be drowned out, save for the faintest whispers, and the tiniest beeping sounds could be heard from beyond the veil.

"Hyuc itl jqqu qlftjhyliqp, pyvyfth nqupqnyuv ba t uqgfnth ebuq yl xnbkqllyuv."

"Gntzyfo, nqwqwjwn sitf sq fbhp obg tup fnglf obgnlqha."

She did not answer. She was focused on the task before her. She had promises to keep. She had to concentrate on finding him and bringing him back home. She had to get him back. She needed to bring back their hope for everyone who had been left behind, who waited for them to come back home.

A hope everyone back desperately needed.

Yet, at the same time, a part of her selfishly yearned to see him and only him alone...to be able to hold each other again in each other's arms. To finally tell him those words she failed to say out loud before everything went to hell when the traitor had brought down destruction and chaos.

I love you.

Those words were nestled deep within her heart. But right now, the only words she could think to herself were:

I've missed you so much.

"Nqupqnyuv kbwxhqfq, jqvyuuyuv lywghtfybu."

"Jnyuv iyw ibwq, Gntzyfo, tup vbbp hgkc."

"I will," she whispered back into the void.