Different

In a far place, so far a place that humans eyes didn't go again. A portal suddenly appeared, black miasma surging within and around it.

A leg first stepped out, the leg was filled with muscle, a testament to how healthy it is, but the skin way grey and spotty, it looked like a healthy human that painted his skin.

The leg was then followed by a body huge and well fitted. Atop the body was a bored looking face.

"I can't believe they dispatched us this early?" This mysterious person said, while cracking his neck left and right.

"don't worry, I believe they have a reason" Another person who looked like the former man said, but he was slim rather than being built like the former man.

"obviously it's because they underestimated the humans by sending one percent zombies, when they should have at least started from five percent." One tall man also came out of the portal, he was holding a book while adjusting his glasses.

"so now that they had given the humans a chance to become stronger, they then want us to swoop down there and clear their mistakes"

"what do they take us five percent for, some cleaning agents"

Although all these people had spoken their complaints it was clear that their words were dead, it lack the emotion and vigor a regular word should have.

These people that had stepped out the portal kept on increasing until they numbered in the thousands that was when they split, all of them heading in different directions, they were the meaning of true zombies.

They were the true beginning of zombies, from one percent to four percent, those ones were defective product, incomplete garbage, even five percent to nine percent were said to be outsiders among the true zombies.

Now that they have come to earth, the real survival is just starting.

All over earth, many beautiful places had been turned to ruins from the first zombie wave. Different sensational spot, tourist attractions, buildings, and many other different places had been turned to nothing but ruins.

Smokes unceasingly fuming, covering most of the atmosphere, streets were littered with cars, shops were broken and disfigured and no single lifeform could be seen.

Humans have been sent out of their own territory, forced to live in wilderness while trying to remake civilization with the little scraps that remains.

In an unknown location, secluded from human eyes, a vast land existed, buildings were everywhere, people were bustling about like they were in a different planet.

In a tower situated at the center of this settlement, at the very top, five people were standing there overlooking the people down, one was looking up at the sky, only there wasn't a sky, only rocks and stone were above them.

"brother shouldn't we be helping against the war?" said one of the five people who wore a free white shirt which contrasted what the others wore which was mostly dark colours.

"why should we help the humans,even though we are stronger than them they were the ones that reduced us to this pitiful state at our weakest, and now that they are at their weakest why should we help them?" The one who spoke wore a deep red polo shirt and tight fitted jeans.

"although I would like to help because they are our supply, but over the years when we rebuilt ourselves we learnt to hate them and I'm sure even the people wouldn't answer" said another one who had a black jacket over a black singlet and also wore a black jeans.

"enough, stop it okay, the humans had once betrayed us, but we were given the system as well which means it counts us as partakers in this sick quest of theirs" a man who wore a crown and looked the oldest spoke up, earning the silence of everyone that was there.

" but for the fact that our higher ups that lived in the higher realms also agreed to this, so for now  we should become stronger than the zombies"

"although we are both undead but to them we are also food, the dead are the ones with limitless potentials, but the dead can't wield this potential when they are dead, but zombies are a living dead they had access to this limitless potentials they just have to cultivate it"

"but brother aren't we also undead with potential?" the former guy who wore white asked.

"they are the true dead, we are alive, some of our organs still works, we feel pain and have emotions, we only need blood to sustain, but they, they are monsters"

"not only are all their organs dead, they don't feel pain they have limitless stamina and they need blood, flesh, meat, and even the brain to survive, so you all should know the difference between us and the zombies... right now we are stronger than them, but just give them time, and they will continue to grow and grow stronger"

"we vampires can grow stronger than them, but the right nutritions aren't here in the lower realms"

"then let's go to the higher realms!" someone who hadn't talked since the beginning of the whole conversation finally spoke, he was bare chested with different scars running along his body.

What was even more intriguing was about the black veins all over his body and the blindfold that covered his eyes. Below him as well, his shadow could be seen squirming like they were alive.

"we can't now, we have to wait until this quest and event gives us the opportunity to do so, although I am the king, I respect you because you are stronger than me, and even though no one on earth right now can defeat me not even twenty percent zombies, you still always wipe the ground with me whenever we spar, but still we need to be patient"

"okay that's fine by me" the man with the blindfold said and jumped off the tower instantly disappearing with the shadows that appeared.

"let's all be patient" the king said again.

At Tang mansion, Yufei's eyes slowly opened, and she could see the ceiling of her house.

'what happened yesterday?...'

She thought why trying to rub her throbbing head, only to find out her hands were chained to each other. She then checked her body and saw her legs were also chained to the ground.

"argh!" she held her head as memories started surging in.

"Banjo! Banjo! why? why did you have to go..." Yufei started crying, immediately she remembered what had happened she began to mourn her friend.

"Yufei I'm not dead"

She looked up so fast her head looked like it was going to fall off, the tears were still streaming down her face. When she looked up she saw Banjo chained like her.

"Banjo! Banjo you are alive, how?..." she looked at her friend that she thought she had lost, he was free from injuries, no scars were on his body, he even looked more refreshed than she had ever seen him.

"the health potion, I used it" Banjo replied while smiling at her, even though he was in a awkward position.

"great reunion right" the girl cam out, her clothes were changed and it was one of Yufei's dress.

"it's funny how we both have the same size, maybe we can be friends and stay without fighting, but only on one condition"

...

Please support this novel with power stone for WSA 2022, thank you.