Resolve

The mutated nose zombie, dashed towards Tang Zhan at its fullest speed, but to Tang Zhan it was running as fast as an average human.

Zombies were naturally slow and decayed, being able to walk was even a miracle talk less of running.

Tang Zhan knew that zombies was never to be underestimated because once they get their hands on one, there was almost no hope of getting out alive.

As the zombie crossed halfway through the distance, it bent it back facing legs and like a spring shot up high. Aiming to land on Tang Zhan.

Tang Zhan cancelled out his inverted sight, breathed in and puffed out, as he opened his eyes he was no longer at his former spot.

The monster had swiped it's large right hand at the spot but only hit empty air. Tang Zhan slammed his leg hard into the hand, at first he had stopped just like that but he pushed on breaking the hand. After hearing a satisfying crack he backflipped a safe distance away from the zombie.

The zombie stood up, slightly annoyed but it just smiled and licked it's broken hand with it's long tongue that looked like an octopus tentacle.

Tang Zhan looked on in wonder at what the zombie was doing. After two seconds the broken hand started twisting like worm and snapped back to it's original form.

"what! It can heal itself, I'll have to kill it before it heals or rather I should cut it's tongue"

As the hand healed, the monster slammed both fists into the ground, causing dust and debris to fly around. When all the debris reached their peak height and started to fall back, the monster spun using it's hands to hit the debris towards Tang Zhan.

The attack was a wide range and Tang Zhan had no chance of dodging or evading it, so instead he swung the sword, left, right, up and down cutting the stones apart.

He was drenched in cold sweat as he tried to cut through all the stones, but the sheer amount of it made him take many steps back.

As he cut through the final stone, a force slammed into him from his left side. He felt as if he was a regular person that had been hit by a truck at full speed.

Four of his left ribs cracked from the impact and the force that passed through him broke another rib on his right.

"keugh!" He spat out a mouth full of blood. While his body bounced off the floor like a stone skipping on water.

He only stopped sliding when he hit the other side of the wall.

Tang Zhan stood up with great difficulty, even as he stood up his broken ribs cracked even more, but finally he stood straight using the sword as a support.

"That was a nice blow you got there, but dude you are a bit too rough!"

The eyes on the zombie's stomach raised a brow, trying to figure out what it just heard.

"dude? Have you ever seen where a prey calls his predator dude? Now I'll have to say 'dude' you are funny!" The zombie laughed but still proceeded to meet Tang Zhan.

"I don't know if its real or not, but I met my mum today and she made me know... you are weak"

Tang Zhan had spent the last thirty and some few days in the game fighting and learning more about his power, and there was something he found out.

"if a shadow always takes the shape of what is present, then as long as my imagination is concerned! I should be able to create a shadowed form of what I imagine... and most especially believe is needed!"

With that Tang Zhan's body was engulfed in shadow flames, and with all the blood and the shadow he looked like something straight out of hell.

His shadows rose from his feet, to his left hand, they enclosed the hand and solidified becoming a gauntlet with many holes.

Guiding the flames on his body into the gauntlet all the holes started to fill up, and when flames no longer was on his body the gauntlet looked complete and normal.

By the time he completed the gauntlet, the zombie had already reached him ready to squash him on the wall behind, but Tang Zhan bent down not caring about the crack that followed.

Then with a correct timing, punched the chest of the zombie. Something surprising happened, his hand went through like hot knife through butter, but it didn't come out the other side only staying in the chest.

"I won!" Tang Zhan locked eyes with the zombie and smiled, because his plan had worked.

A bright light flashed, followed by the screech of the zombie. Flames were released from the gauntlet into the body of the zombie, and it started to melt.

"you... human...!"

The zombie was no more, and Tang Zhan wanted nothing more than to sleep until he was satisfied, but as he could see, zombies were flooding in from the broken wall.

'i had created the gauntlet with the thought of an heat emitter that rather emitted flames, who would have thought that it would work so well' Tang Zhan looked at the gauntlet on his arm that was already filled with holes again.

Tang Zhan took a step forward only to step on something. He removed his leg and picked up the purple crystal that looked like diamond.

[Ding!... You just found a zombie core! Only zombies of five percent or higher can possess one. It can be used to brew coffee, it increases resistance to zombie bacteria.]

"Brew coffee! That's nice, but will a coffee brewed by this be sweet or even healthy? Yuck! well it's all for survival"

[Ding!... You have killed a mutated zombie stronger than you, one thousand killer points!]

[Ding!... You have defeated your training partner!

Reward: one level 5 weapon pick.

You will be forcefully sent to the nearest dealer!]

Yufei, X and Banjo had watched the fight all through, they saw how strong the monster was when it hit Tang Zhan, and they also knew the zombie was no less as smart as a cunning woman, but when they saw Tang Zhan disappear they panicked.

They immediately rushed outside, only then did they see the familiar purple miasma returning from where Tang Zhan stood and entering the dealers meteorite.

"seems like that was the training partner they meant and your brother was forced to collect his reward!" X suggested, while holding a whip that could not be seen unless focused on because of the invisible like material used to make it.

Yufei was no longer with a sword but over the past month she didn't just laze around. She brought out two sai from her back leather sheath.

Banjo brought out two guns rather than one, and they were the same only with different colour.

"if the training partner we have to fight is as strong as that, then we haven't started our journey of becoming strong!" Banjo said while taking aim.

"I believe none of us are worthy of being by brother's side, but I will like to be worthy, so you zombies would have to forgive me for being too rough on you " Yufei said as she ran into the approaching group of zombies X following suite.

"let's clear up this level and reach a new checkpoint!"

...