Breathing space

"Kill you... Hate you... I never tried to kill you, I was unaware of my increased strength and my condition was unstable at that moment, but I never wanted to hurt or scare you... I don't eve-"

"Its okay for now we'll discuss this later, but for now let's wait until we are fully safe." Yufei cuts in as she forcefully releases the tension between Tang Zhan and X.

Tang Zhan looks at the two of them then at Banjo and finally his parents that were just getting off the floor. "I'm gonna go get a breather." Then he leaves, as he heads towards the forecastle deck.

Mrs Tang rushes to the children after she stood up nit minding her weak condition, "How is everyone? Hope no one is injured?... Uhm, where is Zhan'er?" She asks as she looks around, but then she spots him lying on the bow spirit.

"He said he needed to take a breather, he is exhausted. I suggest we all leave him be at least until we get to wherever it is we're going."

Tang Zhan was lying faced up on the bow spirit that was designed like a coiling dragon. He pondered through the day of the incident over and over, but he can't seem to remember any part where he had told X he hated her.

Infact, he doesn't know why he feels what he feels towards her, but he knows better. If the world was still the same old normal human world then he would have counted it as he being delusional, but now that magic and mana, and other stuffs like that is now a possibility then perhaps it was possible that those novels he read could as well be true.

It could be true that there were such things as mate, he has never heard or read of any supernatural creature without a mate, it's either they do not want their mates, or their mate dies but if none of those happen and they are in the same space with their mates, them it is nigh impossible to restrain the feeling of attraction that pulls at both of their hearts.

The day of the incident was Tang Zhan first incomplete shift, or as the system said. It had gold him that because he isn't fully an Ancient yet and is only just a youngling, then his first shift was also a pre-shift, as if he had truly shifted then he would have lost all sanity, but since it was still a pre-shift he didn't lose all sanity rather it was his instincts that became more overwhelming and raw, and it was that his primal instinct that took over in the presence of his mate.

He also learnt that what his phoenix mother had said was fully true about him being more than ten thousand years old, his previous name was actually Aion, and he has spent that long without any of his 'mates' so he acted out of loneliness, to which he still doesn't understand why Void used 'mates' instead of 'mate'.

Nonetheless he needed to either cool off his head or distract himself, and this ship might be gargantuan but it still is too small of a place to have a place to cool off, so distraction it is then.

'forge'

The system panel appeared and switched to the forge section. Immediately the forge opened, different numerous panels appeared covering the entirety of Tang Zhan's view.

'Wait wait wait, hold on. Void filter is available right, because you can't expect me to go through all this, like they should be about a million items in there.' Tang Zhan asked with shock, as his eyes scanned over all the panels trying to see if he could even read through, but his eyes just kept dashing around without being able to pick anything.

♪There is master, you just need to say what you are looking for and items of the same categories will appear alone. You didn't need to panic♪ Void nonchalant voice echoed through Tang Zhan's mind as he grits his teeth in anger.

'okay then, I need the best cultivation techniques that either suits my bloodline, physique, race or me as a whole.'

[Item: Cultivation technique.

Name: Ancient darkness manual.

Type: Active.

Description: The only way of the Ancients cultivation.]

[Item: Cultivation technique.

Name: Reality Phoenix manual.

Type: Active.

Description: The euphoric method of cultivating the true way of reality.]

♪These two techniques were no where in the world, but I found it in your mind and used a lot of energy to extract it and view the items, so of course it's the best method for you since they both came with your body, and it is equally expensive... A billion gold for each of them, aren't I just kind?♪

'Kind? You call that kind, you siphoned techniques from my body and still sell it to me expensively, what sort of ripoff are you' Tang Zhan rebuked as he stared furiously at the two beautifully glowing books displayed in the panel.

♪Hey, I'm not a ripoff neither am I siphoning anything. Anyways you don't need to buy the techniques, they are ingrained in you already which means sooner than later it will all come to you naturally. Maybe in like two million years, you'll be able to utilize them since your soul should be strong enough by then.♪ Void says leaving Tang Zhan shocked and confused.

'Heck! No way I'm waiting till a thousand years talkless of a million years... Okay Void, according to my current pocket show me items respectively.' Tang Zhan sighs in defeat as he opted for what was more salvageable for his current self.

'Oh and make sure it's something I'm actually proficient with'

Five different panels holding separate item appeared and shuffled around. Tang Zhan looks through them and immediately removes two item as he does not see himself using any of them, then he looks at the remaining three.

[Item: Cultivation technique.

Name: Slumbering avatar manual.

Type: Active.

Description: Cultivate the technique of the avatars, scarce and spread wide throughout the realms, avatars of previous lost gods and legends. Although dead but their energy remains through the world which can be used as a way of cultivation that increases the chance or resurrection of the said god one chooses to cultivate.]

[Item: Cultivation technique.

Name: Buddha karma manual.

Type: Active.

Description: Cultivate the energy of Buddha as you have the chance to indirectly learn the art of Karma practice and guide list souls into ascension.]

[Item: Cultivation technique.

Name: Trap wave manual.

Type: Active.

Description: Cultivating the energy of the trap gods of the prime era that scattered around during the prime wars. Traps were made to either have the attributes of strength, speed or critical damage, cultivating through this manual gives the possibility of gaining one of this attributes.]

All three of them were equally priced at fifteen thousand gold, whereas Tang Zhan wallet was only guarded by two thousand gold coins.

Tang Zhan took a huge breath in and exhaled hard as he sits up, 'Void how much is beast core in the outside world?'.

♪Beast core prices depends on the area it is being sold, in some area it is a highly needed commodity because of the scarceness of beasts, while in some area it is a fairly used material. Like in some realms they treat it as candy given to children, you know when you go to stores to get groceries and you're given candy for patronizing them, that's how it is in some realms.♪

'Wait Void, how do you know stores?'

♪Uhn? Obviously through your memories.♪

Tang Zhan right eye twitched as he shakes his head. 'Okay then, since you're proving yourself to be useless, I'll do it myself.'

"It's time to make money!"

...