𝟭𝟴𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗽𝗼𝗰𝗮𝗹𝘆𝗽𝘀𝗲: 𝗛𝗲𝘆, 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

A garden. As I'm walking up the stairs to the battle that will determine the fate of the world, I found myself thinking of a garden, grass and flowers as far as the eye can see. The sky was azure blue and the clouds were white and healthy. The sun's rays warming my body and burning my doubts. There was a person in front of me. She had long brown hair which reached down to her hips. She was wearing a dress a mother would wear and house slippers. I took a few steps towards her to get a closer look; she turned around slowly and caught me, her luscious long hair swaying as she turned. I stopped in place and squinted my eyes, we were quite the distance apart. Her eyes were a beautiful, bright yellow and she looked like she was in her mid-thirties. She was staring at me too. Suddenly, she smiles and walks closer to me.

I don't know why but I was a little nervous when she was approaching. My mouth was gaping a little open. The closer she came, the more familiar she looked. Until she was a few metres in front of me, I remembered. This person was extremely precious to me. She had left us behind and passed onto the next world. She came really close to me and grabbed my face. It was the soft touch of a mother. A tear rolled down my face and I was confused as to why this was happening. "You sure have gotten taller, my darling Seijuro." she said to me, her smile brightening.
"Mom...?" I said, covering my eyes.
"It's the first time I've seen you cry like that since you were a child, huh? You should let your feelings out more often!" my mother Mitsuki said, now embracing me.

I instantly found myself smiling too. Then, the questions started rolling through my head. "Why am I here? I should be walking up the stairs to the top of the building by now..." I asked.
"You are. I just stopped time there to bring you here." Mom said. "I see Rena was taken by him... I didn't expect for him to come back like that."
I was puzzled. "You know Ryoma? What happened? Why is Rena the Auspex?" I ask. My mom looks at me seriously now.
"I'll explain the truth. There were 48 other Auspexes in the past before Rena. And I'm the 49th Auspex. When I gave birth to Rena, she was frail. She could have died if I didn't past on the powers of the Auspex onto her. I lost all my power and gifted it to Rena. I guess all of it resulted in my death, huh." she says to me.
"Who killed you? How did you even die? I can't friggin' remember for the life of me!" I ask scratching my head.
"This is something you don't know, but the truth about that Ryoma, is that he is one of us..." Mom says.

My eyes narrow. Ryoma is my... what?! "So, you mean to say that Ryoma killed you, and that he's our older brother?!" I yell, now seething.
"Yes. If you want to beat him, you need the Auspex's Blessing. He doesn't go down easily. He's become part-apocalyptic monster." Mom tells me. She then grabbed my head gently and kissed my forehead. I felt a sensation move through my body. Something is growing out of my head, I felt it. A singular horn was visible on my head and my Godspeed, Pure Eyes and the square mark on my palm were active now. The mark changed to a lightning bolt on my palm and marked my arm and right eye like usual.
"I've blessed your friends too. They'll be able to do things they've had no prior practice of doing. They'll see when it comes to it." Mom said now standing.
"You must go now. Defeat him. For the safety of our world." she adds fading away slowly. I nod and smile, clenching my fist in determination.

The time arrived so quickly. The very top of the building. There stood Ryoma, Taiga, the 4th Seat and the 5th Seat. "So, you finally made it up here! I commend you. But this is as far as you go. You only have 6 hours to stop me and the clock is still ticking. So bring it then." Ryoma challenges us.
"It sure as hell has been a while since I've seen your ass, brother." I say, my expression darkening.
"You know now, eh? I'm guessing our mother told you." Ryoma replies.
"You have no right to speak my mother's name!" I yell. "You will give Rena back!"
"Will I now? Come and get her then, bastard!" Ryoma provokes.
"Oh, I intend to, bitch!" I reply. Makoto interjects between us.

"I hope you aren't forgetting that there are other weirdos around. I'll deal with Ryoma myself." Makoto says.
"Good. That means I get to deal with you assholes. Come at me, all four of you!" Taiga yells, gesturing me, Yusuke, Haru and Shiina. We all lined up and faced Taiga, preparing for battle.
"I've been waiting to kill your ass, Tomoe~!" Yuki sings across us.
"I won't hold back, y'hear!" Tomoe replies.
"My name is Mirai. Please take me on all three of you at once. It'll make this a lot easier for me." Mirai says with a nonchalant look on her face.
"You got a death wish? Sorry miss, but we don't hold back, so prepare yourself." Shigure says in an attempt to provoke Mirai. Him, Kana and Mio readied themselves to fight Mirai.

I'm ready. I'm not nervous. In fact, I'm excited! I can't wait to break this shitty plan to nothing. I will save Rena. And I WILL do it for mom.
"You ready to dance, Taiga? 'Cause I've never been so damn ready in my frickin' life." I say, my smile broadening making me look a little crazy.
"Damn, Seijuro! You're hyped ain't ya! Well, I've always wanted to smash your face in Taiga! Prepare yourself! You'll get no sympathy from me!" Haru said, cracking his knuckles.
"Don't get ahead of yourselves now. I'll be the one to make the shot perfectly to take his life. Trust me." Yusuke says, joining me and Haru in the straight line we were making.
"I'm not here to play games any longer. You were done the moment you challenged us here, Taiga." Shiina said with probably the most condescending smile I've ever seen.

Taiga smiled. "Glad your in spirits to kill! Let's go then, old friends!" He said, showing us his new energy. None of us were fazed though. I was ready. If Taiga wishes to be an obstacle in my way, I'll kill him if that's what it comes to. We were all prepared in fact. Even our enemies were ready to throw down. Rena watched us with fear and relief: relieved we were here and scared that they might kill us. We have 6 hours to make something happen, but the time no longer matters to me. The battles are about to begin. The War of the Auspex truly begins now.

"So this is the battle to decide everything. Well, winning this won't be the end of everything y'know." Sora says to me through my head.
"I know. There's still more to come. And also how are you even speaking to me right now?!" I ask curious.
"Your mom let me speak to ya like this. She wanted me to tell you that you can use my power when the time comes for it to be used. Although we have to be in perfect sync for it to work..." Sora said.
"I believe in you. When we have to use it, lemme know. I'll put my faith in you." I say confidently.
"You really are a good kid. Right then, go for it. Seize this day! Defeat the enemy that dares take what you care about!" Sora yells.
"Yeah!" I yell back, now charging forward beside everyone who charged at the same time.

"Let's end this for good."

To be continued...
Next Apocalypse: A tense battle between the Shigure-Mio-Kana trio and the 4th Seat along with Yuki attempting to finish Tomoe off for good.