Leather

I looked at the man who just walked through the door, holding onto myself tightly as I gulped on nothing.

It took a while for him to notice me, but when he did, he widened his eyes in surprise as I just blinked at him.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought there was no one here", he apologized, about to turn back but I stopped him.

"No it's fine, you can stay, I mean I won't disturb you", I said, watching him later close the door and walking towards me, but not too close. Just a safe distance. He looked up ahead, releasing a deep sigh of relief before speaking.

"Not a fan of crowds either, uh?"

"You can say that again", I breathed, adding a small laugh. "Were you too dragged here?"

"Sadly yes", he laughed. "Apparently I need to get out more".

I examined him for a while as he smiled up at the sky, his jaws tensing with every movement. He had a youthful look in his eyes and skin, but he was maybe almost a decade older than I was. His blonde hair had only a few white strands, and you had to take your time for you to actually notice them.

His eyes were bright blue, a type I had never seen before, even as dark as it was, I could see the twinkle in them. Though they held something dark behind them, which made me curious to know what it was.

His hands were resting in his front denim pockets, he wore a white shirt over his masculine figure, paired with a black leather jacket and some simple converse shoes.

This man was handsome, I couldn't deny that.

"Xavier". He said before facing me, I looked up at him with confusion as to what he was talking about.

"My name's Xavier", he repeated, I made an O shape with my mouth.

Xavier. Only names you'd hear in fictional books. "Here, you need this more than I do", he gestured, putting his jacket over me, I thanked him, taking in his thick cologne. Smelt like wood and pineapple, yet masculine. And expensive.

"That accent, you're not from around here, are you?"

He smiled before responding. "No, I'm from Spain".

Made much more sense. "Well Mr. Xavier, what are you doing in the West? And do you like it so far?"

"Of course, I love London, it's a great city, had many memories here with my wife", he looked down at his shoes, kicking a pebble. I felt a slap of shame across my face, feeling terrible for putting him in such a situation. Was he divorced or a widower? That much I wondered.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean—"

"No it's fine. Life happens", he shrugged his shoulders looking up at me with a sad smile. Life happens, I wished that's how I saw Dominic and I. It happened, so the best thing was to move on.

"What happened?" I found myself asking.

"She... she had cancer", he stuttered out. Looking at his face, I then realized that this was probably something he found hard to talk about. I hated myself for intruding in his personal life. I mean we just met five minutes ago.

I was about to speak before the door swung open, a happy Ricky and an annoyed Emily with two shots in her hands stepped out.

"Girl you won't believe what I just—" she stopped midway her sentence, noticing the man with me. She looked at me, then back at him.

"Oh I'm sorry, hope I didn't disturb?"

"Oh no, I was just about to leave. Should probably go check on my friends as well. It was nice meeting you, hopefully we meet again", he smiled at me as he walked out, giving a small nod to Ricky as he walked passed him and through the door, into the busy club.