Veracity

With a deep breath, I tipped on my toes and adjusted my black denim jacket, wondering if this was the right outfit for such an event. Maybe a black outfit was too much? Maybe it was too dark?

Well earlier it looked lay back and alright, but seeing how the people walked through the doors in gowns and suits looking like they wanted to buy the whole building did send a nerve wrecking train right onto me. A black jean, shirt and jacket may have been too much.

"You're nervous again? You have touched your hair hundred times!" Stephanie laughed, looking up at me and reminding me of her presence. Of course she was here. She was always here.

My paintings were across the halls, being the last ones due to the space they caught in the front. In a few minutes, a couple of people came our way and I did not know whether to stand there and say I painted what they were seeing or just stand there and blend in.

I decided to go with the latter.

I turned my body and faced the walls, trying to look as intrigued as possible.

"My daddy painted that!" Stephanie exclaimed to a couple who stood in front of two paintings right behind us. They faced us in surprise at her sudden outburst and smiled once seeing her.

"Did he now? They're lovely. Did you do the other one with him?" The lady asked pointing at one across from us that had the handprints. Stephanie shook her head with pride, lifting her head high and chest forward.

"You have such a lovely daughter, proud of you", the gentleman spoke with a grin as he took a drink of his wine. Really, this was a formal opening and we both did not know about it, not even one soul bothered walking towards us and just going like "hey, dress formal bro". No one. Stephanie always got away with anything because of her adorable little face, even when she wore her Timberland boots, pink shorts and green floral shirt. An outfit picked by herself.

"She definitely is", I smiled and pulled her closer to me. They soon said they would have to check the rest of the paintings and excused themselves, a familiar woman soon walking towards Stephanie and I with a beautiful dark blue tight silk dress, white heels and blonde hair straightened down to the waist.

I raised my brows in surprise. "Cindy?"

"Hey, I can dress up too", she raised her arms with a laugh. Truly, she looked beautiful. Not that I had never seen her look all dressed up, she always did that at work. Just this time, she was dressed up differently.

"Absolutely, you look beautiful", I said as she pulled me in for a small hug.

"Oh come on, you're making me blush", she slapped my shoulder playfully. "Is this your daughter? Awww she's so adorable", she pouted her lips, lowering her head to face Stephanie down below.

"Hey there, my name's Cindy. What's yours?"

"Stephanie. I like your hair", she said shyly, her demeanor suddenly changing from before. This girl...

"Oh no, yours is better. Daddy did it?" She brushed her finger tips over Stephanie's two buns. She quickly nodded her head quickly to agree.

"Can tell".

"What does that mean?"

"Oh nothing", she chuckled.

I opened my mouth to speak before a vibration interrupted me, specifically coming from my front pockets which held my phone. I excused myself from the ladies and stepped further away from everyone else, noticing that the caller happened to be Ashley.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dominic. Still at the art museum right?"

"Yeah, why?" I raised a brow, turning over my shoulder to see Mike approaching Stephanie and Cindy with a smile, dressed in a lovely black suit. Really, did everyone know?