Greek

Xavier's POV🇪🇸;

"Yeah, I'll be home maybe a bit later, I'm not sure when but I'm sorta caught up with work", I scratched the back of my head as I looked at my surroundings, pressing my phone tightly against my ear, facing the papers in front of me with a frown.

"Alright. I understand. Just be safe okay?" Ashley spoke, her voice small and anxious even though I was already speaking to her right there and was alright.

"Likewise. Jackson and the rest will make sure you and Stephanie get home safe, they'll be there until I arrive, alright?"

After I reported on what had happened to Ashley to my superiors, they advised on having guards around Ashley and her daughter at all times, sometimes even her family and friends—which they were unaware of— or even me, because I was not sure if David was prying on me as well.

David. Something about him seemed off. I knew it was supposed to be like that, especially that he was said to be the killer everyone had seen, but something here didn't seem right. It was just a gut feeling.

"Xavier?" Ashley called, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"I was saying bye", she informed. "I know this is a big case but don't work yourself too much?" The guilt in her voice was undeniable. So she felt guilty about making me do my job? She was unbelievable.

"Yeah I know. I'm with Marcus and Leo right now, I'll talk to you later alright?" I said seeing the two brothers return from the mart by the gas station. Ashley said her goodbyes again before I ended the call.

A deep sigh escaped me, burying myself down further into my seat and opening the school files with the word David Schurz at the front, written in a neat handwriting by one of the professors at David's old college.

I stared at the first white sheet with black ink from a machine. To me, these words did not make sense. I rubbed my eyes, only seeing words jumbled across and not making sense. It felt like I was staring at Greek, which I obviously had no clue to read. "Furl..." I stopped, bending my head to the side and realizing that I saw the wrong letters. "Gorl—"

A loud bang on my window made me jump to the sky, completely catching me off guard. I stared at my left and saw Marcus standing there with his face pressed against the glass, a childish grin spread across his face.

I rolled my eyes at his actions, throwing the paper behind at the passengers seat, wondering why I was forcing myself to read when I could tell Leonardo to read it for me instead.

The two brothers walked into my car, Leo siting on the front passengers seat and Marcus at the back.

"Doritos?" Leo asked raising a blue bag of Doritos in his hand for me. I nodded my head, declining the offer. "God, who says no to Doritos?"

"Marcus, could you please read that file for me?" I faced Leo's brother who was only drinking a soda, giving me higher hopes of him not ruining the pages I had to go through so much hard work for just to have.

He hummed a yes, the sound of a paper being turned before he gulped his drink and started reading. The first page was all about David's previous high school records, which were actually not as high as I thought. Surprised he even made it to college.

When Dominic and I spoke, he continuously mentioned David being smart and cunning. What smartness was he talking about?

"Does it say why he left college?" I asked as I looked outside the car at the dark night.

"Uhm, says here that he just dropped out".

"And IQ?" I finally asked the one question I was dying to find out. Marcus didn't respond yet, flipped through a few pages and murmured to himself, reading through to find out what the IQ was.