Hermosa

Opening the door, I walked into Marcus' room, he was still laying there like he always did for the past few days. Today was one of those days I had to come check up on him for myself, just to see if he was getting better and if the machines were all functioning well, which they were after I gave them a good check. He was still using an oxygen mask, so I couldn't say he was getting any better.

I took a seat next to him, rubbing his palms firmly for blood. Before I could let go of him, I felt his hand grip mine. That startled me a little.

Looking up, I noticed his eyes were open, but still gave that exhausted look to them. His lips were quivering, trying to say something. I stood quiet for a while with anticipation, wondering what he was trying to say.

I couldn't hear a thing, but telling from his lips, the word began with S then A. "Hey, it's okay. Rest first", I urged, remembering that maybe he probably wanted to ask what happened or where he was, so I filled in for him.

"You were badly injured, you're now in the hospital, but you'll be fine in no time then you can see your brother again", I smiled at him, remembering that I was talking to someone just in his early twenties. He was a man but still a child, and works like these had a lot of blood in them.

His fingers kept moving, clearly he wanted to say something else and I couldn't figure out what. But I knew who could help. "I'll be back", I stated getting to my feet, his demeanor changing and lips moving faster, he was panicking and seemed like whatever he wanted to tell me was urgent.

"Hey no it's okay, I'm not leaving. Look, I'm sitting back down", I assured him. I wanted to make him relax as much as possible, if he worried too much, it could lead to casualties and maybe worse, a stroke.

Reaching into my coat, I took out my phone before going through my contacts and stopping on a phone number. I pressed dial, and lucky for me, he picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" He said, his voice sounding strained before I remembered that it was still morning.

"Hey, sorry, hope I didn't wake you?" I whispered turning my head away and blocking Marcus from seeing my mouth by placing a hand at the front.

"No, not at all, just woke up an hour ago, got out of the shower. Everything okay?" He asked. My cheeks heated up, realizing that I was talking to someone who was half naked. Maybe even fully naked...

I shook my head to rid those thoughts. "Yes, I mean no. Er, Marcus just regained consciousness".

"Wait, really? Did he say anything?" His voice sounded distant now and I heard some shuffling, so he was probably getting dressed. I turned my head towards Marcus who had his eyes staring at the white ceiling blankly but thoughtfully.

"No, he tried to though, he hasn't recovered fully so he couldn't spit a single letter out, was wondering if you could come over and see what he's trying to say? He seems determent to let it out".

"Of course, Leonardo and I will be there in half an hour. Don't leave his side", he said before ending the call. I put my phone aside, turning my attention back to Marcus who seemed much more relaxed now.

"Y'know your brother was so worried about you", I said, trying to make him comfortable around me as possible. His eyes drifted, landing on me that he had his full attention on me now.

"He almost cried, looked like a total baby!" I joked, causing him to smirk. His lips moved again, attempting to say something before I cut him short. "If you want to speak, blink once for yes and twice for no".

He shook his head a little to agree, so I continued, "you and your brother live together right?" He blinked once.

Marcus and I spent almost an hour chatting—well with him just mostly responding with a yes or no. I learnt a lot from him even with those small responses which would help me know how to talk and approach him with certain matters.