Regret Me

Standing to my feet, I quickly ran towards Xavier, checking if he was okay, which he wasn't. His nose was hurt and was bleeding from the nostrils.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" I exclaimed putting my hands on his cheeks but he looked away, his left hand across his face trying to hide it, but the red liquid was gushing even through his fingers.

"I'm fine—"

"No you're not!" I stood to my feet before facing the maniac that punched him. "What the hell is wrong with you!"

"I did tell you that I didn't want to see you with this jackass!" His voice raised, pointing at Xavier with pure anger. He was vexed and it was not sexy. I was scared but tried to stay as confident as possible. Everyone in the restaurant faced us from the scene we were making.

"You're a jerk, you know that!"

"Ashley! I said it's fine!" Xavier said standing to his feet, his voice was muffled and he sounded like how that moment when you have a blocked nose. "Let's go home".

"No we are not leaving this place. I haven't had my linguini and whatever the fuck it's called and will finish this champagne!" I demanded taking a seat back down.

"You heard your boyfriend, go home", Dominic warned.

"Y'know instead of being a total asshole, at least be mature enough to leave a girl alone. Aren't you ashamed making such a scene?" Xavier spoke, causing me to curse under my breath knowing that this would surely not end good.

"You mind your own business. You don't know the relationship Ashley and I have", Dominic gritted his teeth.

I quickly stood to my feet, understanding what he wanted to say. I grabbed Xavier's arm and his jacket. "Yeah you're right. Let's go home".

"What kind of relationship is that? And if it is, it seems like it's a one sided one", Xavier said, completely ignoring my statement.

"Hey no, no, no. Let's just go", I tried pulling him, of course he didn't even move an inch.

"You really want me to make you uglier than you are, uh?"

"Stupid bastard!" Xavier pulled from colliding his feast onto Dominic's jaw.

"No, no. Stop!" I tried calling, though not knowing if I was making a difference. Everyone was staring , so were the workers, it was a matter of time before we got kicked out. Everyone was chattering and looking at us like we were three people who had lost their minds... maybe we were.

Xavier looked at me then back at Dominic with frustration before marching out of the restaurant surly. I passed Dominic a look of vitriol before walking out and towards Xavier.

I had to explain it all.

Dominic's POV🇯🇲;

Getting into a fist fight with Ashley's boyfriend was the last thing I expected happening tonight after Mike asked if we could spend dinner together at Mirabile Dictu.

Well, it was what it was.

Mike stood across the room, seemed like he was about to come over before Xavier and Ashley left. I smiled at him and everyone else in the room. "Bon appétit everyone!" I laughed walking out of the place, but stopping after feeling a small pinch of pain just right on my lower jaw.

Had to admit, as old as Xavier was, he still had some in him.

Standing at the entrance of the eatery, I noticed Ashley and him maybe sixty feet from me. She was rambling and making hand gestures all over the place, trying to explain something. He just stood there intently looking at her and turning his head with surprise whenever she said something I couldn't obviously hear.