I Really Like You

Ashley's POV 🇬🇧;

I placed my handbag down on the counter, feeling exhaustion finally hit me, feeling nothing more than to lay on my bed.

The front door was locked when I arrived, so I presumed Molly and Stephanie were not around, probably at Dominic's. They had been going there a lot lately, stating that Stephanie wanted to see her father.

I reached for my wine cabin, taking out my favorite before pouring some for myself in a glass and heading to take a seat at the dining table. I grabbed my phone from my front coat pockets, dialing Mollys number, her picking up on the second ring.

"Hello?" She said, I was hoping she wasn't with Dominic wherever she was. But then again, I was silently hoping he was near. I had to admit, a certain feeling of guilt and shame for myself had come after the last time he and I were alone at his house. He never spared me a glance, I found that flabbergasting because Dominic always looked at me.

For instance how he came to pick Stephanie up three days ago for them to have fun at the park. It was a Saturday so they spent all day there. I was home, it was Mollys day off so I was alone. I felt so alone. He didn't ask about me. Even when he came to pick Stephanie up he only spoke to Molly. I was fearing that he was now losing feelings for me, as selfish as that sounded.

But I had Xavier now, why was I worried?

"Uhm hey Molly. Are you guys still with Dominic?" I asked taking a drink of my wine, staring at it and remembering almost how Xavier tasted like this. Yes, that was who I was supposed to be thinking of. Dominic tasted like nothing but smoke.

"Oh no ma'am", she said with a worried tone. "In fact, I'm not with Stephanie either".

I placed my glass down onto the table and stood up anxiously. "What do you mean you're not with Stephanie? She's supposed to be with you twenty four-seven", I tried to compose myself.

"So much has happened. Mr Dominic has been taken to the police station", she explained, trying to keep herself together just as much as I was. At the police station? What was he doing there?

"What for?"

"We're not sure either. But David here is bringing me back to the house. Stephanie is with Ricky, he said he thought it would be best if she wasn't in an atmosphere filled with worry". I bit my fingers and nails as I heard her words. Dominic was at the police? At least my worry on my daughter's whereabouts were cleared, I trusted her to be with Ricky and Peréz. But Dominic though, what did he get himself into? I knew that he acted irrational sometimes but still though.

"Alright Molly, we'll talk more when you're back", I said to her before ending the call.

I sat down quietly in that position for a few minutes, looking around the empty room and walls. I had nothing on my mind, nothing to worry about. Dominic was not my responsibility anymore, he could do whatever the damn he pleased as long as I was not involved.

I walked upstairs to my room, leaving the empty glass on the table.

Taking my coat and clothings off, I walked into the shower, the water being just right. My hair was tied up into a bun and my hands tried doing their best at massaging my shoulders which ached from all that carrying of my heavy handbag. I missed the spa. Most importantly, where were Ricky and Emily? It had been centuries since we went to one. I guess we had all been too busy with work and marriage.

Emily last said that she felt she was getting less sexy so wanted to do her best to have an after birth glo up, all that work out and shit. As for Ricky, he had always been clingy to Peréz. And well me? Nothing more than trying to keep myself busy with work. Busy from thinking about other things, from thinking about Dominic.