Time

Ashley's POV 🇬🇧;

"Xavier", I called, going faster, hoping he would relax but he certainly was not.

"C'mon!" I called louder, which he stopped to and turned around frustratingly, his jacket swishing so dramatically as he held his notebook down into the large front pockets.

"Is everything okay Doctor Hail?" He asked with a stern look.

"Oh c'mon, don't give me that. Are you seriously avoiding me?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer to it. He had been avoiding and not returning my calls or texts for weeks now after the incident with Dominic the other night. The only time I ever saw him was when he came over to see Marcus or when he asked me about his condition.

It's like he completely gave me the cold shoulder.

"You're a married woman", he laughed to himself with a nod, almost unable to believe it.

"I already explained everything to you. Dominic and I are not having anything going on—"

"You're married".

"So? He's going to sign those divorce papers any time soon. Our marriage already ended years ago. He moved on, I moved on".

"Of course he did".

"Can we just not talk about him anymore? Don't push me away, c'mon. Okay I made a mistake, I didn't tell you about him but I was planning to. That man cheated on me more times than I know. I don't want to be with him. I'm always being the pea on the side in everyone's life. I messed up I know. But can we please start all over?" I pleaded.

It was weird being with my patients colleague in the hallway of the hospital and trying to make up.

Xavier took a deep sigh, looking to his sides with an exasperated sigh before smiling. "Fine".

I couldn't help but grin. He walked towards me, being close to my body but not too close before lifting his hand and pointing at me. "You've moved on, I'll take your words. I trust that".

"Of course it's true", I smiled slapping his finger away. "And now, you still owe me dinner".

"I guess I do", he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly before placing a kiss on my cheek lightly. "I'll call you then, Ashley".

"I'll be waiting".

And with that, he walked away, disappearing by the corner. I couldn't help the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach, causing me to jump so insanely, earning a few turns of head from people passing by before trying to recollect myself.

"Be a lady Ashley. Be a lady", I walked out.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Giving the Uber driver money, I watched him drive off before crossing the road, walking towards the front door with a look of vexation after realizing whose car it was parked in front of my house.

I stomped my way towards the house, opening the door vigorously and finding Molly in the kitchen, her back facing me as she placed food into a bowl. She quickly looked behind, noticing it was me. She opened her mouth to form an O shape, knowing already from my expression that I was not in a good mood.

Well, seemed like Dominic just loved ruining my nights.

"Ma'am I told him to go but he wouldn't—"

"Where is he?"

"In the living room with Stephanie", she informed. I said nothing more to her before walking out and into the living room, Dominic sited next to Stephanie and opposite David as they drew and their laughs filling the room was the first thing I witnessed.

 Ecstasy जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें