The Rescue💥

When morning came, my phone kept buzzing and I read texts from our class group chat about seeing those of us in the hospital. I sighed before getting up and washing up for breakfast. When I went into the kitchen, I saw Shoto making eggs and bacon, so I sat down while he finished. He handed me a plate and sat down to eat. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Do I not look okay?" I asked with a bit of a serious tone.

"You look exhausted."

"Aren't you?"

"... When you screamed and cried for Bakugo-."

"I didn't scream and cry for him." I interrupted and looked at Shoto with furrowed eyebrows. I was honestly annoyed at him for trying to pry.

"I understand why Midoriya reacted that way, but you?"

"I reacted that way because I lost. After all that speed training with Mirko, it was like I learned nothing. I'm pathetic and a sorry excuse for a hero... Not that I can ever become one."

"Don't say that

"Don't say that. You were fast and you'll make an incredible hero someday... We were all there. We all failed him." He reached towards my hand, but I knew I'd break out into tears if he held it. I didn't want any comfort right now. I quickly pulled my hand back and stuffed my mouth before getting up. "Sakura..."

"Don't!" I went upstairs to change and when I was ready, Shoto and I went to the hospital. I stayed quiet the entire time, even while some of them argued with each other. I just didn't have the energy to engage with any of them. When Shoto and I went home, we ate dinner and washed up before heading to bed. I tossed and turned in bed for hours before getting up and going towards Shoto's room door. I knocked, but there was no response. "Shoto? Can I come in? I can't really sleep, so I was hoping you'd let me sleep next to you... Shoto?" I opened the door and turned on the lights before realizing that he wasn't there and that his bed was still made. I looked around the entire house and even snuck into everyone's rooms to make sure. In panic, I started texting and calling his phone, but there was no response. Where could he have gone past midnight?

I went to the living room and sat on the couch with the tv on as I waited for him to come back, but I was finally falling asleep after hours

"We're here live from the league of villains warehouse-." My eyes quickly shot open and I saw a news reporter on the screen. I watched as Bakugo and All Might were shown and watched Bakugo escape with Midoriya and Kirishima on a hill of ice, obviously made by Shoto. I watched All Might's last fight with the no-faced leader of the league, which ended in All Might beating him, but losing his strength and physical form. I cried as Japan's symbol of hope fought past his limits and raised one last strong fist in the air. After another hour, Shoto finally walked back in and stopped to look at me in the living room.

"If you were gonna sneak out to go save Bakugo, then you should've told me. I would've wanted to go."

"That's the problem." He said. "I know you would've wanted to go, but I knew it was dangerous and there was already enough of us."

"Dangerous?" I scoffed. "You act like we're not working towards the same goal. Am I not in hero training too?"

"Sakura... Bakugo is home and he's safe. That's all that matters. You've been on edge since it all went down. It doesn't matter how he got home, only that he is." He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I sighed before hugging him back and pulling away. I was exhausted, but now that Bakugo was home, I wanted to see him more than anything. I went to change and snuck out when Shoto went to bed. I texted Bakugo to see if he had his phone, and walked to his place as I waited for a response.

I got to his house, but since he didn't respond, I kicked off my shoes and flew to his window. Instead of looking inside, I knocked lightly and waited until he pulled back his curtains to look at me. He rolled his eyes before opening the window and walking away. "Hey." I said before climbing in. Before he could respond, I threw myself into his arms and hugged him.

 Before he could respond, I threw myself into his arms and hugged him

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to see you. I'm so happy that you're back and that you're safe."

"Yea... You interrupted my sleep. Did you want anything else?"

"... What else would I want?"

"I don't know... To analyze me like everyone else. To see if I changed."

"Of course you changed. You were kidnapped by villains... I know that you're usually this tough guy, but it's okay to be scared sometimes. You don't have to be strong all the time."

"... Shut up." He muffled into my shoulder while wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly.

I smiled before hugging him tighter and rubbing his back. "... Were you really asleep?"

"No. I couldn't fall asleep."

"Want me to stay until you do?"

He stayed silent and pulled away to look at me. His face glowed pink and I waited for him to speak. "Like you'll sit next to me until I fall asleep?"

 "Like you'll sit next to me until I fall asleep?"

I blushed as I started thinking of what to say. "More like we could lay next to each other. I haven't gotten any good sleep since you were kidnapped."

"Why? You were that worried?"

"I was terrified. I would've ripped those villains to shreds for you, if I could." He smiled and pulled me into bed with him. I laid my head next to his and we just faced each other as I held his hand. "I really wish that I was the one who saved you. I was so close, but I couldn't save you at camp... Seeing that those guys rescue you without me kinda hurts. It felt like my responsibility." My eyes started flooding with tears and I pouted as they began pouring out. "I'm sorry that I was useless."

I felt his hand wipe my tears off my face and I looked up at him. "There's nothing you can do to change that. Just get stronger and better so that next time, you'll be the hero." I nodded before moving closer to hug him and cuddling into his chest. He wrapped his arm around me and in a matter of seconds, we both fell asleep. When I woke up, he was still sleeping and the sun was setting. I stared at him and started feeling that funny sensation in my chest. The like I felt for him was slowly becoming stronger and I believed that I was falling in love with. Slowly, but surely.