1.

129 AC KING'S LANDING

129 AC
KING'S LANDING

THE YEAR IS 129 after Aegon's conquest.
Viserys I. Targaryen rules seven kingdoms as fifth king to sit on the Irone Throne.

On the third day of third moon of the same year Viserys dies during his sleep in Red Keep.

Upon the death of the King, Queen Alicent and Ser Cristian Cole summon small council members for a metting.

They crown Aegon, even though Rhaenyra was Viserys official heir.

Aegon only reluctantly accepted the crown because his mother, brothers, sister and children would otherwise be killed by Rhaenyra.

That lead to a war.

As Rhaenyra would never be willing to give up her birthright, and two of them had dragons at disposal.

Seven days after Viserys had died, his death was announced.

On Dragonstone Rhaenyra had learned about the death of her father and the betrayal of her siblings.

Anger had made her go into labor, which lasted for three days and brought forth a stillborn, deformed girl.

She swore revenge.

Rhaenyra was crowned queen, using the crown her father and great-grandfather had worn.

Her eldest child Princess Rhaenys of the House Velaryon was made heir of Irone Throne and Princess of Dragonstone in her own right.

Princess Rhaeynes was at time at Storms End visiting.

Prince Aemond was sent to Storms End to betroth himself to one of Baratheon daughters.

Lucerys flew also to Storms End in hope he would arrive before Aemond and take his sister to safety.

Unfortunately they arrived at the same time.

Aemond tried to goad Lucerys into a fight, insulting him, calling him a Strong bastard but Lucerys, sworn not to fight, refused him.

Lucerys barely managed to escape him with his head on his shoulders, leaving Princess Rhaenys in castle with foes.

Aemond decided to make her his hostage and bring her to King's Landing.

There council decided that it would be the best to marry Aemond and Rhaenys.

They believed that Rhaenyra would not be willing to continue war once they had her daughter so firmly in their hands.

Of course they were wrong.

~

Rhaenys wished she could stop dreaming. She prayed to Gods she could stop dreaming.
She was so tired; all she wanted to do is sleep. She wanted to sleep all the day, from dawn until twilight that every evening comes a little earlier and a little more drearily. In the daytime, all she could think about is sleeping.