9.

130 KING'S LANDING

130
KING'S LANDING

WITH AEMOND AND VHAGAR AWAY from King's Landing, Daemon and Caraxes joined with her mother on Syrax above the capital, while Corlys ships sailed into Blackwater Bay.
Grand Maester wanted to dispatch ravens asking for help, but was arrested before any letters could be sent.

Riders bearing messages were arrested at the city gates, and the seven captains commanding the gates were killed or arrested, by  gold cloaks still loyal to Daemon, who had once commanded them.

The city gates were opened for the men arriving with the Velaryon fleet.

King's Landing fell in less than a day.

Lord Larys Strong fled with King and Princess Jaehaera, leaving Rhaenys, Alicent, Haelena and baby Alicent behind.

Larys dispatched Jaehaera with Ser Fell to Storms End.

All from the green council remaining in King's Landing yielded.

~

In another part of the Red Keep Rhaenys was rushing to pack her belongings, quick to escape before her daughter was killed.

Just then, the door busted open and Rhaenys jumped in fright, only to see that it was Alicent. 'Come. Now!' She demanded in a stern tone, 'There isn't much time. I've bribed the guards to let you escape, but we must be quick about it.'

Rhaenys was shocked for a moment, surprised that Alicent of all people, would help her escape.

Alicent led the way out of the Keep, knowing a way to avoid being seen by Daemon and his men. Alicent looked out the window and downward to see Daemon and Luke standing alongside each other, wearing armor.

Luke slowly looked up and has seen them, he didn't say a word about it to Daemon.

Alicent quickly backed away from the window, an alarmed look on her face. 'Go, go! We must go now!' She insisted, the two of them exiting the tower together with the baby, 'This way, quickly.'

Leading them toward the gates to leave the capital, Alicent's expression remained unreadable while Rhaenys looked at her with a relieved look. 'I will not forget this,' She confessed as Alicent gestured for the men to open the gate, which they did since she was the one to order it.

Before leaving Rhaenys turned to Alicent who handed little Alicent over to her. 'I don't know why you're being so kind to me, but I thank you,' She told her softly and Alicent simply nodded.

' I don't believe my grandaughter, you and my son should die for something you have no control over,' Alicent told Rhaenys 'Now, go! There isn't much time'

'You will not come as well?' Rhaenys questioned, a concerned look on her face.

Alicent shook her head, a mischievous smirk forming on her lips. ' Trust me, after what I've done, I will not run' She confessed and while she felt confused, Rhaenys simply nodded before leaving with her daughter and two guards appointed by Alicent to bring them safe to Aemond in Riverlands.