11.

130 ACHARRENHAL

130 AC
HARRENHAL

IN THREE WEEKS since Rhaenys had joined Aemond in Harrenhal, with their daughter,Aemond had done a great deal of staring.

Staring at Rhaenys,that is.

Aemond stared at her when she fed little Alicent. He stared at her when she wore her hair loose. He stared at her when she had it up in braids. He stared at her when she put the baby Alicent to sleep. He stared at her when she ate meals. He stared at her when she smiled. He stared at her when she laughed.

Aemond stared at her all the time.

In particular, however, he stared at her when she interacted with little Alicent.

Whether she was holding her, playing with her, practicing walking with her, anything at all, Aemond  watched her with eyes so purple they were unnerving in the way that they glowed.

He wasn't even shy about it. Not remotely. In fact, whenever she caught him, which was very often indeed the small smile he'd been wearing turned into a grin, and he almost always found some excuse to talk to her.

He'd given her a great many new gifts upon her arrival, too, though she hadn't needed them.

~

Aemond spent a great deal of time in the nursery. Alicent didn't cry when she saw him anymore.

Alicent was nearly eleven months old when was Rhaenys practicing walking with her, holding the little girl's hands and laughing as she put one chubby foot in front of the other.

' Is she walking yet? 'Aemond asked as he shut the door to the nursery behind him.

' No ' Rhaenys admitted without glancing up. ' She can stand on her own a bit, though.'

' Hmm ' he hummed, walking over to take his daughter's hands from his wife. ' Here, sit down.'

She did so, and a slightly toothy grin split Alicent's face when she saw Rhaenys before her, her small feet immediately trying to carry her closer.

Rhaenys laughed and held out her arms for the child, encouraging her.

A few seconds later,Aemond released his hold on his daughter's hands.Alicent didn't seem to notice, babbling and taking the two steps necessary to reach her mother before falling into her arms, giggling.

' She walked ' Rhaenys exclaimed excitedly. 'Aemond,she walked!'

She glanced up at him, only to find him smiling down at her softly, his gaze fixed on her and their daughter.

Rhaenys blushed and looked away from him, focusing instead on praising the little girl for a job well done.

~