35.

148 AC KING'S LANDING

148 AC
KING'S LANDING

RHAENYS WOKE UP with a strange feeling in her lower abdomen, a burning pressure that would not go away.

Deciding that perhaps walking around for a few moments would ease it, she rose and began pacing into the sitting room, where the fireplace still burned dimly.

However, it grew more painful with each step and it made no matter, even when she gulped down a goblet of water.

With her chest heaving from the pain, Rhaenys let out a small groan and gasped when she felt something wet slide down her legs as she was bent over a table, simply trying to breathe.

The baby  is coming, she realised and the prospect was horrifying.

She was not ready and it was too early.

Frighteningly early, as she could be little more than eight moons along, or seven.

The maester had said to give or take some time.

However, that was not what chilled Rhaenys to her very bones. When she gazed down, expecting to find clear water, as she had found with the rest children she instead found it diluted with red.

With shaky breaths, Rhaenys let out a whimper and reached her hand down to see if her fears were founded.

Bringing the unsteady hand back up to her vision, Rhaenys noted that it was a bloody crimson.

For a brief moment Rhaenys forgot how to breathe, staring at her shaky hand, refusing to believe the truth of it.

' No, ' she whispered tearfully, an anguished groan escaping her lips as the pain returned, more fervent than previously.

For a few moments all she could do was lean against that table, bunching her hands, one bloody, into fists and trying not to scream.

Rhaenys wished for the pain to lighten slightly, so that she would be able to move to the door and alert the Kingsguard.

They would fetch Maester for her.

As of now she would collapse in the attempt.

' You weren't supposed to arrive yet, ' she told the baby, gasping.

Rhaenys squeezed her eyes shut and tried to breathe but it hurt to even do that.

Another sound of distress escaped her lips, like a groan of raw pain.

Please, please, please, please, she breathed as if it was a prayer.

Something wet was still dripping down her legs in slow waves and it was blood, the color brought truth to that.

' Fuck! ' she cried, feeling hot tears trickle down her cheeks as she tried taking a deep breath, leaning on the walls and furnishing to get to the door.