25.

142 ACKING'S LANDING

142 AC
KING'S LANDING

RHAENYS VELARYON was pregnant, once again. Only a few weeks along, that was true, but she was pregnant.

It was equal parts good and bad, for she knew this was what she wanted, what she needed, but it also meant great danger for her health and she knew that her chances of surviving another childbirth were minimum.

It also meant that Aemond will be angry.

Their shared room was dark when she entered, and it took her eyes a moment to adjust.

Aemond walked towards her in long, quick strides, already in the process of unbuttoning his jacket.

' I'm pregnant ' she blurted out.

His movements halted, and he looked at her for several seconds, then down at her stomach.

' You are? ' he asks quietly, his hands falling to his sides.

' You have to take moon tea as soon as possible' he pause again for a moment and then continue speaking ' I don't want you to risk your live in vain, having heir is not important for me. ' He took her hand in his and kissed it ' You are most important thing in the whole world for me, I can't loose you, ever! '

Rhaenys looked down, ' No! I will keep the child and I don't want to hear you saying anything about moon tea ever again! ' she said to him half yelling at him.

' I will not allow you to risk your life ' Aemond yelled back at her, his anger rising.

' It is not your decision to make, Aemond! '

' You are wrong it is as much my decision as it is yours! ' he argued back.

' Visenya has trouble sleeping ' she lied ' I will sleep in her room ' Rhaenys told him.

Aemond nodded, his eyes never leaving Rhaenys form as she shut the door behind her, leaving him alone in their room.

Rhaenys put a hand over her stomach, and spoke to the tiny thing inside of her. It wasn't a person, not yet, but it would be, and she would ensure it was the most loved person in the far corners of the world.

' Worry not, little one, ' she whispered. ' Your father will love you. I'm certain of it. '

She hoped she wasn't lying.

~

After Aegon had dinner with his family, his sister Rhaenys, brother in law Aemond and their children,he was walking down the hallway of Red Keep and soon saw Jaehaera, who had walked out the her room.

They were both staying at the the capital, he was serving Aemond as his cup bearer and she was his sister Rhaenys lady in waiting.

Aegon wanted to be back at Dragonstone, with his father mighty Price Daemon and younger brother Viserys more than anything.