14.

130 ACKING'S LANDING

130 AC
KING'S LANDING

THE NEWS OF Prince Joffery death arrived to Alicent a week after it all happened.

Joffery was eager to prove himself as a warrior and defeat the armies of the Alicent's son Aegon, but swore solemnly to help his mother hold the Red Keep in the event of an attack and was told to remain in the city with his dragon Tyraxes.

But, then after her daughters death citizens went agains Rheaynera and decided to attack Dragonpit.

When Joffery was informed about attack, he donned squire's armor and begged his mother to let him ride to the Dragonpit and mount Tyraxes, but she forbade him from leaving the castle in fear for his life.

' I want to fight for you, Mother, as my brothers do. Let me prove that I am as brave as they are. ' young Prince said to his mother.

He again pleaded with his mother to let him ride out with knights, anxious for the life of his own dragon, though Rhaenyra refused to believe that such rabble would be able to do harm.

Without anyone knowing Joffery climbed on top of Syrax without a saddle or whip, never having ridden her before.

When the watchers on the roof heard Syrax's roar, they realized that Jace was missing, and the queen sent the knights after the prince, demanding that they bring him back.

Once in the air, Syrax twisted beneath him, fighting to be free of her unfamiliar rider, and stones and spears flew at him from below.

He plunged down into ground from two hundred feet above, crashing into a steep-pitched roof before rolling off to fall another forty feet amidst a shower of broken tiles.

The fall broke his back, shards of slate rained down him like knives, and his own sword tore loose from his hand and pierced him through the belly.

According to servants a candlemaker's daughter named Robin comforted him as he died, and his last words were Mother, forgive me.

~

Alicent had thought about it long and hard, before she announced her decision to guards keeping her locked in her rooms.

A part of her feared, but Alicent simply brushed fear away.

' Aren't you even slightly scared to face Queen, just after she lost her son ? ' her maid has questioned.

' Queen was a dear friend of mine long time ago .' She replied. ' I want to be there. Who will better understand her suffering than a mother who also lost a child. Now our cheeks are balanced. My daughter and her son dead. And the saddest part of it is that it is all our fault. She and I are the ones that started this whole war. '

' The dead are dead, Your Grace ' maid told her ' Think of yourself if Queen is angry as they say, she could kill you the first second she saws you '

' You couldn't possibly understand. I am leaving.' Alicent stood from her seat and left.