30.

147 ACHIGHTOWER

147 AC
HIGHTOWER

' IT IS A BIT TIGHT ' Rhaenys winced as Larra was lacing the back of her emerald gown, embroidered with amber stones along the sides and on the shoulders.

Have I gotten fat?

Rhaenys wondered as she stared at herself in the mirror.

' Take your leave, your work is finished ' Rhaenys told Larra.

She was getting ready to have tea with her mother in law and sister in law Sara and to be quite honest, Rhaenys did not want to have tea with Alicent Hightower today, but she could not indispose herself for the entire time of her staying with her family in Hightower.

They were now four days into their stay at Hightower and still, her sickness had not taken its leave.

No matter how many walks she took in the fresh air, sicknes did not relinquish its grip on her, nor did the headaches and though Rhaenys tried to eat as best she could, the mere thought of some of the sustenance made her stomach turn.

Nonetheless, Rhaenys had tried to be in her best spirits. She would not allow anyone to witness a frail, weak queen.

Therefore, she would have tea with her mother in law Alicent, sister in law Sara and Sara's and Daeron's daughters Vaelena and Rhaella .

Rhaenys twisted and turned as she gazed upon herself in the mirror, feeling more like a bloated pig than a queen. The gown was tight around her bosom and then the midsection, as well as her bottom.

How could I not notice this? she thought, horrified.

Has Aemond noticed?  Would he want her now, when she was growing plump?

Rhaenys did not understand how it could have happened, even when she had been pregnant, her hips had not widened greatly, nor her bosom.

Quite the contrary, only her belly had seemed to swell.

Why was it that she was gaining more womanly curves, just now?

The gown clung to her like a second skin and Rhaenys wondered whether it would be considered too vulgar and inappropriate.

However, there was no time to change gown now, so Rhaenys simply chose a large scarf and wrapped it in the crooks of her arms, allowing it to flow elegantly down her back covering most of the troubled areas.

I must be late, she despaired.

I do not like being late.

With a quick pace, Rhaenys followed the handmaiden and soon found herself in main chambers of castle.

' Sara ' Rhaenys greeted lady of Hightower.

Sara smiled, dressed in a velvet gown of silver, with black embroidery of flowers along the sleeves.