7.

129 ACKING'S LANDING

129 AC
KING'S LANDING

RHAENYS WAS DOING HER BEST to be a good wife to a man who didn't want her as a wife, to a man she also didn't want for husband, to a man she didn't want anywhere near her... to a man that was nothing more than her enemy,but that was easier said than done.

Still, Rhaenys forged a sort of friendship with her husband, child that she was carrying was the thing uniting them.

After, attempt on her life Aemond was trying to spend all his free time with her, to protect her and more importantly his child.

She knew, the weight Aemond had upon his shoulders since he was declared regent, Aegon was unable to rule due to his mental breakdown after brutal murder of his sons.

Aemond would come to her,and tell her his frustrations with running kingdom to her, and she would listen and offer advice.

He would truly cherish and listen to her advices, he was second son who was never prepared to rule, while Rhaenys was her mother's heir and was educated as one.

But there was always an underlying tension between them,sometimes, she'd catch him looking at her, and she couldn't read what she saw in his eyes anger and hate or love.

They were sworn enemy's joined in marriage, this marriage wasn't easy thing for either of them.

Their fingers would brush on occasion, and she'd lurch her hand back.

They started sleeping in the same bed after Blood and Chess incident, it was Aemond way of making sure she and the baby were safe. Most night he would wrap his arms protectively around her belly.

But, she couldn't bear to touch him or ne touched by him for she ached for more than he'd ever offer her.

It's fine, she reminded herself firmly. He can't love you and you can't love him, and it's fine.

~

Three months passed, and Rhaenys pregnancy began to show.

He seemed to enjoy this a great deal, Aemond fussed over her, insisting upon the best foods there were.

Rhaenys thought she'd likely eaten more vegetables in the past three months than she had in her entire life.

When they slept, he liked to hold her close to him, her back against his chest and his hand covering her protruding stomach protectively.

It's his son, Rhaenys reminded herself when he did this each night. He's being protective of his son. It's not you. He doesn't care about you.

It was good that he was likely to love their son, at least. The child deserved that much.

~