32.

148 ACKING'S LANDING

148 AC
KING'S LANDING

' MAMA, WHY ARE YOU CRYING? ' Daena asked, after Rhaenys had taken a bath and ordered that the two of her youngest children be brought to her.

Daeron and his twin sister were dressed in their sleeping garb, long and white gowns made of linen.

' I love you both so much, ' Rhaenys told them, opening her arms so that they could snuggle into her embrace.

They were seated in front of the fireplace, ' You must know that, my loves. I would do anything for you. '

' Love you too, ' Daeron mumbled, wrapping his arms around her neck and hugging her.

' I love you, mama, ' Daena said, gently stroking the Rhaenys hair.

~

The days seemed to pass and each one made Rhaenys more unnerved than the last.

She was progressing, almost four and a half moons pregnant, if Maester was to be believed.

He had estimated he would be correct, give or take half a moon. Her pregnancies had always started out in a somewhat good manner.

In last half of moon Rhaenys had begun to feel more tired, her back ache, headaches would plague her mind and nausea would unhinge her.

But there would always be good days, as well. Those days when she would think that it would all be alright and that she would be able to manage.

Then sometimes thoughts about her death would haunt her, plague her, even.

Therefore, she tried to keep herself busy.

For then, they would not slither into her mind and poison it with the acidic taste of death.

~

' Mama, look! ' Daena exclaimed, pointing to her dragon egg that began to hatch.

Indeed, the black egg hatched a baby dragon black as night.

' What shall we name them? '

' Hmm ' lilttle princess contemplated, finally shrugging, ' I don't know. '

' What about Brex? ' Rhaenys asked.

' I like it ' Daena said, moving to place Brex into her embrace.

' Careful, Daena. Dragons even when small are still dangerous ' Rhaenys told her, noticing the slightly careless way in which her daughter picked the small dragon up.

~

Later that eve, Rhaenys was in her nightgown, about to ready herself for sleep, when she realised that at least a week's turn had passed, since she last saw Edith, Daena and Daeron's nanny.