28.

145 ACKING'S LANDING

145 AC
KING'S LANDING

RHAENYS JOINS AEMOND who is attempting to wrangle the children and keep them from playing too wildly and getting their nice clothes dirty. Naturally, the two youngest, twins Daeron and Daena are running circles around Aemond as they play dragons.

Their daughter Rhaenyra is by the instruments that live in the corner of the great hall waiting to be played. She distractedly plucks at the piano in the corner probably wishing that one of her friends from Flea Bottom were with her.

Rhaenyra loves her little siblings and is fiercely protective of them, but she's grown out of their childish games.

Rhaenys manages to get her family down to the gates and lined up waiting for Lady Baela. She keeps Visenya in front of her with her hands on her shoulders in fear that at any moment the little girl will bolt in one final attempt to get out of the day.

Lady Baela and her children arrive and are cordial. Little Maegela and Area every bit a lady's.

Naturally, Baela remarks that the city smells like shit. If she only knew what it used to smell like before they set out to improve Flea Bottom's sanitation.

When it is finally time for Aemond to take the boys to the sparring field and Rhaenys the girls to one of the parlors, Aemond catches Rhaenys around the waist and pulls her close to him giving her a soft kiss and one last apologetic look.

The boys, little Areon and Daeron run off to their fun chasing after one another. Visenya, who's holding Rhaenys hand, looks longingly after them. Rhaenys crouches down to straighten Visenya's little tiara ' Princesses don't pout, my little love ' she tells her daughter, but it does nothing to wipe the look off Visenya's face.

~

The women get settled on the terrace. Rhaenys opts to sit outdoors since it's such a beautiful day and Baela doesn't protest. The girls are handed their embroidery and it seems to be going fine, apart from Visenya who Rhaenys thinks is just angrily stabbing at the cloth.

' Tea will be fine, thank you ' Rhaenys says to one of the serving girls.

' Oh come now ' Baela says startling Rhaenys, ' when have you became such prude sister? ' then Baela turns her attention to serving girl and say ' Two glasses of dornish wine, I didn't come all the way here to drink tea. '

Rhaenys bites her tongue. It seems she'll be resigned to drinking wine this early in the day, not that it is too uncommon but certainly not her usual standard. Upon the first sip, Rhaenys thinks it might in fact help the day pass by.

Their conversation is decently mundane talking about their family.

Baela looks offended that Rhae spend some time few months ago in Hightower with her uncle Daeron. She mumbles something about how Rhae could better spend her time with Luke and her.  Rhaenys chooses not to say anything.