29.

145 AC KING'S LANDING

145 AC
KING'S LANDING

' WHAT DID HE CALL YOU? ' Alicent asks, rushing to her brother's side and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Rhaenys can hardly hear the word Aemon mutters over Rhaenyra's screams. She is still kicking and struggling in her brother's arms, but she's sure by the ashamed look on his face that Aemon has just muttered bastard.

' What? ' Alicent and Visenya yell at the same time and look like they're about to grab the nearest sparring swords and take care of the pudgy boy who is still cowering in the ground in fear of Rhaenyra.

' No ' Aemon says calmly as ever and catches his sisters Alicent and Visenya by their wrists so they can't run off.

By this point, Rhaenyra's yelling hasn't stopped and Aemond has no choice but to haul Rhaenyra away from the scene and into the castle. It might not be the most proper thing to do as King, but if anyone has doubts he isn't an involved father they won't after this.

Rhaenys is about to help the boy off the ground when a man who she recognizes as Luke approaches them.

' What in seven hells did you do, boy? ' Luke scolds his son and does not help the boy off the ground, so much as he roughly forces him to stand.

' Apologize to your aunt the queen! ' Luke shouts and shoves the boy forward.

' I'm sorry Your Grace ' the young boy apologizes through tears. He turns to Aemon and then apologizes to him too. ' I'm sorry Aemon. I didn't mean to upset you and Rhaenyra. ' He sniffles before Luke pushes him along his way.

' My Queen? ' Larra says and Rhaenys turns to see her standing in front of a whole hoard of curious servatns. ' Perhaps you might want to take the children to get cleaned up, ' Larra suggests likely.

' Yes, ' Rhaenys says still a little flustered over what just happened, ' Thank you Larra. Come here my loves, ' Rhaenys says and Alicent leads the way into the Red Keep.

They don't have to guess too hard where Aemond has taken Rhaenyra, his yells can be heard from all the way up in Rhaenys's bedchamber.

' No one speaks to my brother like that!' Rhaenyra shouts at Aemond. It seems as if the two are in a standoff when Rhaenys enters the room with the rest of the children.

' You are princess ' Aemond starts but Rhaenyra cuts him off.

' And as Princess I will punish those who go against my will! ' Rhaenyra shouts back at her father.

' Stop! ' Rhaenys says in her commanding queenly voice she rarely has to use. ' That is not how this works, Rhaenyra. Sit down on the bed. ' Rhaenyra begrudgingly listens to her. ' Aemon, can you please join your sister and sit next to her ? '  Rhaenys asks in a softer voice. Aemon listens and Visenya hops up on the bed next to him taking his hand. Aemond pulls the chairs in the room up so he and Rhaenys can sit across from the children.