20.

137 ACKING'S LANDING

137 AC
KING'S LANDING

' AEMOND! ' Rhaenys shouts from her dressing room where she is finishing up her hair and clipping on her final pieces of jewelry, ' Visenya won't keep her crown on! '

' Why are you always causing me trouble little one? ' Aemond asks strolling into the room and looking down at the little girl who is gnawing on her little crown.

' Your mother would be very upset to see you using the crown jewels as a teething ring. But I bet cold metal feels nice on those teeth '  he says to the baby in High Valyrian and she looks up at him with her bright violet eyes.

' Why don't we try this instead? ' Aemond says and reaches into his pocket to pull out a wood dragon figurine.

Visenya's eyes grow a little larger at the dragon, her favorite thing, and with a soft clang, she drops her crown on the floor and earnestly reaches for the dragon with both hands.

' Let's go to the nursery and find you something better to chew on ' Aemond says, first picking up the crown and wiping the drool off it, and then picking up his baby daughter.

Aemond walks into a familiar scene of Rhae ordering around her brother Aemon while they wait to be called for the event. The children were already dressed, the whole family sporting Targaryen red. All girls were in very pretty red dresses, and Aemon looked adorable in his black pants and shirts with little red cape draped over his left shoulder.

' Visenya ' Naerys calls when she sees her father entering the room and runs towards them with her arms up.

Rhae huffs and says to Aemon ' Aemon! No! You are supposed to be a gold cloak and gold cloaks do as I say. '

' You playing Queen again Rhae? ' Aemond asks his daughter while searching around the room for a teething ring for Visenya.

' Yes, Papa, because I have my crown ' she answers.

It isn't exactly a crown, but a very pretty tiara, suitable for a girl not yet six, and much more elaborate than the simple gold circlets the younger children are wearing

' What about your brother? '  he asks,

' Papa, I'm not allowed to go anywhere without my gold cloaks so someone needed to be them ' she states quite seriously and Aemond is glad she knows the rules so well.

' Visenya is eating her crown, Kepa ' Alicent informs him.

' Visenya no ' Aemond says sternly but still looking for something else to occupy her sore gums.

' Are we all ready? ' Rhaenys asks, walking into the nursery and picks up Visenya who immediately reaches for Aemond.

' You want time with your father today ' Aemond asks Visenya, taking her from Rhaenys and holding her on his hip.