8.

130 ACKING'S LANDING

130 AC
KING'S LANDING

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE Aemond left for battle again, along with the majority of the men living in the Red Keep . She was left with mostly maids and Alicent.

Three months passed and still, Aemond and the rest of the men hadn't returned from battle.

In her rooms, Rhaenys laid in bed, screaming out in agony as she gave birth to her child. One of the midwives knelt between her legs, constantly telling her
she had to push.

Alicent stood at Rhaenys bedside, applying a warm cloth to the her forehead.

'I will die on this bed,like my grandmother' Rhaenys cried out, a fearful look on her face, the pain feeling unbearable to her.

'Listen to me,' Alicent demanded, a stern look on her face, 'You will not die. You will survive. You are strong. And your son will be too.'

'Do not let my son die,' Rhaenys pleaded, shaking her head as tears streamed down her face, 'Do not let him die.'

'Neither of you will die, Rhaenys,'Alicent sighed out, shaking her head.

"You must push princess ," The servant spoke up and Rhaenys immediately obeyed her.

She continued to push but there seemed to be no change.

'Harder princess. You need to put in more effort,'The servant continued to insist, earning a frustrated look from Rhaenys.

'Why do think I'm doing!'Rhaenys shouted as she continued to cry out in pain, 'He is tearing me from the inside out.'

'Take deep breaths and push, my lady,'Alicent demanded, continuing to dab Rhaenys face with her damp towel.

Rhaenys closed her eyes, reaching for breath as she began to think about how alone she was. If she were to die in childbirth, it would be a relief to everyone. She would no longer be a threat to Aegon's claim to the throne. Aemond would be grateful for her departure. Her mother and Daemon wouldn't be mourn her because they think of her as enemy.

'He's here, princess I can see his head!' The servant exclaimed happily, ' Push, princess, push!'

Rhaenys weakly nodded, obeying the woman's order. She cried out loudly, wasting no time pushing harder than she had ever done before.

Soon enough, her baby had been born and Rhaenys only realized when she heard him cry out.

She finally laid back, feeling exhausted after enduring childbirth. She let out a breath of relief, glad that the pain was over. She looked straight at the midwife, who was cleaning the baby so that he was free of blood.

'Let me see him,' Rhaenys insisted, her eyes becoming blury from exhaustion, 'Let me see my son.'

' It is girl, you have a baby daughter.' Alicent explained