18.

137 ACKING'S LANDING

137 AC
KING'S LANDING

' MAMA! ' Visenya yells, throwing her arms around Rhaenys's neck and placing her lips on Rhaenys's cheek in a kiss.

Rhaenys and Aemond were trying to encourage Visenya to talk. So she started out with simple words like mama and papa.

Rhaenys giggled and gave the baby a hug before placing her on the floor so she can roam around, Visenya just started to crawl and loved being mobile.

' Can you stay out of trouble while I get ready for the day? ' Rhaenys asks Visenya who gives her an innocent little smile and crawls towards the basket of baby toys.

Rhaenys knows one of Visenya's favorite plush dragons is over there which should be enough to keep her entertained while Rhaenys finishes up some letters before talking Visenya down for the day.

Rhaenys reads through some letters and scrolls, responding when necessary and appropriate, while intermittently checking on Visenya who stays by her toys. Just as she finishes up Rhaenys stands to get Visenya and the toddler is gone.

' Typical, ' she sighs to herself. ' Let's go little one. '

' Yaya, ' Visenya says from across the room. Rhaenys gasps when she sees the toddler and runs across the room to grab her.

Visenya has herself onto her feet and is holding tight onto the metal grate in front of the fireplace that is there to prevent her from crawling in but with the large fire burning behind and Rhaenys knows the metal is more than hot enough to burn the toddlers' hands.

' Visenya no! ' Rhaenys scolds lifting Visenya from under her arms and onto her hip. Visenya isn't crying though, and when Rhaenys looks at her hands they are perfectly untouched. Rhaenys studies them for a moment longer then touches the grate quickly to confirm it is scorching hot.

' How did you do that? ' Rhaenys asks Visenya who looks back at her equally as confused, probably wondering why she is getting fussed over. Visenya just points at the plush dragon she abandoned on the floor.  Rhaenys bends down and hands it to her, and brings Visenya down to the Main Hall to begin their day.

~

' Like this Visenya ' Rhaenys hears Naerys sweet little voice as she enters the children's nursery. She walks into a familiar scene, Aemon in the corner with his books, Alicent scribbling some pictures on the floor, and Naerys giving his full attention to little Visenya who's practicing her new trick, and has pulled herself onto her feet and is gripping onto the cushiony seat of one of the chairs in the room. Naerys slowly picks up one foot and then the other and slowly moves his way towards her trying to demonstrate to Visenya how to walk.

Visenya watches her sister with her wide violet eyes but makes no attempt to move.

' Watch this Visenya ' Alicent says, hopping up from her spot on the floor and abandoning her coloring,Alicent then picks Visenya up from under her arms and turns her around and places her back on her feet and holds her hands.

' Ok Visenya, walk to Rhae ' Alicent says and takes a step forward. Visenya mimickes her on wobbly feet but is supported upright by Alicent's grip.

Once she realizes she isn't going to fall, Visenya is more confident in her steps and soon she's letting go of Alicent hands and crashing into Rhae's open arms.

Rhae and Visenya both giggle while Rhae holds her upright in her arms until Visenya turns around wanting to go back to Alicent so she can walk more.

' Can I try? ' Rhaenyra asks Alicent, looking at her big sister for approval.

' You have to hold her hands, she can't do it herself, ' Alicent explains.

Rhaenyra does as Alicent says, but the two only make it about three steps towards until Visenya trips and tumbles down.

' Oh dear ' Rhaenys says and moves from her spot on the doorway to scoop up her youngest.

' It's alright sweetlings ' Rhaenys says to the children.

Visenya reaches out her little hand to pat Rhaenyra's back and then holds out her arms so Alicent can pick her back up.

' Come walk to us Visenya ' Rhaenys says, holding out her arms. Alicent holds onto Visenya for the first step then let's go. The baby takes one step, then two, then a few more before she starts to fall forward, but Rhaenys and Aemon catch her, all of them giggling the whole while.

' Did she just walk? ' Every head in the room snaps to the nursery's entrance where Aemond is looking in.

' Da ' Visenya chirps and holds her arms up and to him.

' Did she just walk? ' Aemond asks again with a big smile and slips into the baby voice he often uses with the little children.

Aemond picks up the his youngest child and tosses her in the air, causing the whole room to fill with Visenya's deep belly laugh. ' Did you just walk? You are growing up too quickly ' he tells her before placing kisses all over her face and neck that only increases her giggles.

' Up! ' Aemond hears and looks down to see Naerys clinging to his leg demanding the same attention. He passes Visenya back to Rhaenys and tosses Naerys in the air a few times, filling the nursery with the sound of new laughter.

' Me too! Me too! ' Comes a second cry. Aemon has left his books and is waiting for a turn.

' I want to go next, Kepa! ' Rhae calls.

Aemond gives a nervous chuckle and looks over at Rhaenys, who with Alicent and is encouraging Visenya to walk again.

' Don't look at me like that, dear husband. You got yourself into this ' she says with a chuckle.

...