22.

138 ACCASTERLY ROCK

138 AC
CASTERLY ROCK

JANE LANNISTER never felt such emptiness in her life before.

Her family was dead, only thing remaining after them was Rock, her and family legacy.

Rock was under Targaryen rule of her husband Aegon, who prefers his mistress over his wife, her.

Jane just gave birth to her second child, golden hair girl which she named Joanna.

It was name fit for Lannister.

Ever since childbirth, dark thoughts haunted her, Jane firstly blamed it on postpartum depression, but as time moved on she realized it was more to it.

Jane tried to keep her face smiling for the sake of her two young children, sadly it didn't work all the time.

Jane tryed to understood why some people had felt like this and how they had managed to cope.

How her mother in law Alicent managed to cope with the fact that she was not loved by her own husband or perhaps how her late father in law had successfully kept that grief he has of losing the woman he had loved his entire life, Aemma all hidden from plain sight.

Or how some women like Rhaenys managed to be wed without love, or losing their own children like Rhaenyra and Alicent.

How did these people handle all the grief and misery that came after broken hearts shatter?

Jane did not know but she applauded them. She was envious of how most of them have managed to continue on with their lives and not allow all of the things that shattered them or their spirits get to them.

Jane was failing. She was falling apart.

Lady of Casterly Rock decided to distract herself from grief.

The governance of Casterly Rock once more fell upon her shoulders as it had done briefly durring the war.

She was glad in one hand that Aegon had no interest in ruling, Rock was her birthright and Jane had every right to rule it.

The lioness wrote to her friend Sara who was at Harrenhal with her son James, rulling ih his name.

Sara was not skilled in writing but she made the effort to give her some information about herself.

Of course, she too wrote to Rhaenys and Larra who were there to support her through the terrible times.

Rhaenys had sent a letter of anger to her brother in love Aegon, after hearing how she treated Jane.

Jane insisted to Rhaenys that she had forgiven Aegon everything and that was no need for her to deal with Aegon.

Getting all of that out of her mind and her letters done, only waiting to be sent in missives of ravens she decided to work again.