8. Deren Keskin

"Ah! Finally! Girls, but how long did you take?" exclaimed Sanem.

"Ha ha! What's going on here?" asked Leyla immediately upon seeing them embracing.

Nothing, just a hug between friends, why? Are you jealous?" her sister told her.

"No, why should I be?" replied Leyla with a shrug.

"There, exactly." Sanem replied.

"Sorry, we had to wait for the Ice queen," said Ayhan.

"Ayhan..." she resumed her.

Ayhan in response stuck her tongue out at her.

"Um, yes sis, good morning. I had to finish an important job. I told them to join you but they preferred to wait for me, so here we are now. Sorry." said Leyla.

"Don't worry, sister. And good morning to you too." Sanem greeted her.

"So what are we up to?" asked Deniz.

"Let's have lunch!" replied Sanem.

"And let's gossip between girls!" said Ayhan winking at the others.

"Come on then, let's order!" exclaimed Sanem taking the menus of the various restaurants affiliated with the agency.

None of the girls asked how Deren was doing. Sanem had warned them with a message before their arrival. Better to avoid the subject.

"Come, have a seat." Sanem invited them.

As all the girls talked amongst themselves about what to order, Deren looked at them and smiled.

"Deren what are you having?" Leyla asked her.

"Huh?" she replied coming back to herself.

"Um, girls?" she began.

"Deren are you alright? You look pale." said Deniz to her.

"No, no, I'm fine. Here, I wanted to ask you something. Now I'm going to say something very corny... something you might never expect from me, but..." she said taking courage.

"Oh God... I'm scared." said Ayhan.

"Ayhan..." resumed Sanem.

"Well, girls? I love you so much. There, I said it." she said all in one breath.

"Ha ha, Deren expressing her feelings... I'm shocked. Are you feeling well?" teased Leyla.

"I'm fine." said Deren swallowing. "Here, I wanted to ask you... would you like to come with me after lunch to the last dress rehearsal? I would love to get your opinion."

"Ah!!! YESSSS!" exclaimed Ayhan clapping, a lover of wedding dresses.

"Of course!!!" they all replied in chorus.

"But first... let's eat!" said Sanem.

"So Deren what are you having? We have already chosen." Deniz told her.

"For me I will order a salmon and avocado salad from my favourite restaurant." she replied.

"And that's it?" asked Ayhan, still with a good appetite.

"Ah! Don't look at me like that! I already said that! I have to get into that dress!" she replied with her hands clenched into fists and flames sparkling in her eyes.

"Pss..." whispered Ayhan to Deniz.

"The dragon popped up again... did you see that?" she told her.

"Mh..." she replied feeling observed by Deren.