36. The calm before the storm

Dear diary,

I need to write. Yes, because something is changing.

These five months have been wonderful and have passed so quickly that it's as if I suddenly blinked my eyes and.... hop! Here we are.

But let's start from the beginning.

The relationship between Emre and Leyla after that discovery has soured. They've been going through really difficult months. Especially my sister.

It's not easy to accept that perhaps, there is a remote possibility that, such a powerful ghost from the past, could come back to haunt them.

Emre is devastated, and as much as I love my sister, I'm sorry to see him like this.

Can is helping him in any way he can. Volkan seems to be working only for us these days!

Emre is doing everything to make sure that this is not true. There have been delays and problems with the results these months, he had to retest, but still nothing. Strange. If it were his he would be ready to take responsibility, as he should be, but will my sister be ready for this? So far it seems not.

As far as I know, they sleep in separate rooms and Leyla fills her days with work and Ilker to take her mind off things.

Can and I have done everything we can to bring peace and quiet back between them, but I admit it's difficult with these conditions. I only hope that everything will work out for the best, for the sake of my little nephew.

Ayhan and Cey Cey, on the other hand, are going full steam ahead with preparations for the arrival of the twins. Yes, Ayhan is expecting a boy and a girl. We are all curious to see two mini Ayhan-Cey Cey come into the world.

But before them, of course we await the birth of Deren's baby girl. It is a matter of days now, she could give birth at any time.

Deren is exhausted, forced to take maternity leave. However, she continues to work remotely, the only thing that seems to keep her brain busy and not think about her huge belly.

Muzo meanwhile finished the proofreading of the book, in recent months we have been working on the cover design and the advertising campaign with Can at Fikri Harika. Can publicly apologised to Muzo, and he accepted. Soon everyone will know about this mysterious book. Especially Deniz.

Therapy with her seems to have brought back that initial closeness between the two. Now in the agency they laugh and joke without hurting each other like two very good 'friends'... though perhaps that is not quite the right word for it.

This 'closeness', if you want to call it that, has obviously created a bit of suspicion in Metin, who, if possible, is even more attentive and present than before. From the look on Deniz's face, however, it seems that this attitude of his is not welcome. When he arrives and intrudes into the conversation of the two masked with that gentle smile of his, I notice Deniz roll her eyes several times.

Talking to her, it seems that apart from that, things between them are fine for the time being. Well, as in... always in the same habitual way.

I don't think Deniz is ready to talk about it yet, and I haven't delved into the subject. But that hasn't stopped me from keeping a constant eye on Metin. And if I'm honest... dear diary, not as of now. In fact, despite what I said, have always silently continued to keep an eye on Metin. I know, I know! I said I wouldn't meddle, and I'm keeping my promise, but what can I do? It's stronger than me. I have a sixth sense about this whole thing that I can't suppress. After all, I'm not doing anything wrong... I'm just making sure nothing bad happens to Deniz and Deren. That's all. I just do it for them.