11. Fate upsets the balance

15 MINUTES EARLIER....

Deren had fled to the bathroom. A violent nausea had suddenly hit her as tears streaked her made-up face. She made it to the bathroom in time. Fortunately it was deserted. She headed for the first one she found open. She thanked heaven that no one was there. She had never had such violent gags. He was really sick. At that moment she did not think about her dress as she was bent over the toilet. Only when the nausea passed, and she became lucid again, she immediately straighten up and check the dress.

"The dress! No, no, no!" she said looking at it all.

"I even soiled it! Damn it!" she exclaimed angrily.

Slowly she left the bathroom and headed for the sinks. She needed to freshen up a bit.

She looked at herself in the large mirror above.

"My God! I look horrible! Look at the make-up! I look dreadful! Ah, Deren what a state you're in!" she said to herself.

She fixed her dripping make-up, trying to make herself presentable. She had nothing with her. Her bag was left in the dressing room. She wiped herself with some paper.

"Ah, you used to complain when you always fell in the mud at the estate and got back up. And look at you now, it's even worse! From this situation you cannot get up Deren. There is no solution." She said sadly.

"Already the dress doesn't close.... all that's missing is the gag reflex!" she said to herself, reflected in the mirror.

Once refreshed, she went to the next wall to operate the hot air jet to dry her hands. Next to it was a full-length mirror. Thus in silence, reflecting, Deren took the opportunity to see the back of her dress. She saw the exact spot where they had managed to button those tiny little buttons.

"The dress..." she said sullenly and displeased.

Taking advantage of the mirror she spun around, stopping at her profile. In an instant she froze suddenly.

"The gags... why?" she asked herself. Thoughts were beginning to swirl through her head.

"No...no, no, no, no...it can't be! No, Deren, you are definitely having a caffeine hallucination! Come on, come on, there's no way such a coincidence is possible! It's a joke!" She told herself, trying not to take it seriously. But strange thoughts began to form in her mind. And certain points began to come together. Without realising it, she began to count on her fingers. Then her expression changed from serious and thoughtful, her eyes widened... and her mouth too.

She froze, staring at her reflection in the mirror.

ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER...

"Deren?" called Sanem peeping through the bathroom door.

She turned to the left and saw her.

Deren had literally frozen. Her gaze vacant, her wide eyes staring at her reflection in the mirror, a trembling hand in midair indicating a tremble.

Sanem approached her slowly.

She saw that her dress was partly unfastened. It was the first time she had seen her dress and she found it splendid. Certainly not a choice one would have expected from Deren, but she felt it would not be so obvious.

"Deren?" she said calmly, once beside her.

Deren in front of that mirror was catatonic, her eyes were glassy. Seeing her trembling she said worriedly: "Are you OK?" asked cautiously, resting a hand on her arm in comfort.