16. Muzo's decision

A few weeks passed and Muzo had meanwhile returned to his old job. Sanem had a feeling. She had seen how he had changed his approach to all the people who loved him. He was trying to make it up to all the people he had hurt, Cey Cey, Ayhan, Osman. He would never have admitted it in words. But apart from these, for one, and perhaps the most important, he had still done nothing for her. Deniz had never approached him and Muzo had never intentionally approached her. I mean, they found themselves very often talking in the same group of people, but they never spoke to each other. At the moment their relationship was one of tolerance for each other.

Deniz after Muzo's farewell had become very cold. She had built a wall between her and everything about him. A high wall, surrounded by barbed wire. She was unapproachable. She did not allow anyone to enter the topic.

The relationship with Metin in Sanem's eyes had become very habitual. He would accompany her to work, then disappear for the day, except on rare occasions when, due to work obligations, he was forced to stay longer at the company. They would have lunch together whenever possible, and he would pick her up in the evening at the end of the day. Sanem, however, had noticed the apathy with which Deniz accepted being taken by the hand by him. They smiled at each other, yes, but it all seemed out of convenience. The transport of the early days, the sparkle in Deniz's eyes, was gone, and it was not due to Muzo's reappearance. It had already been there for so long.

Until they spoke, everything was fine.

Then one day they started to speak a few words to each other. And each time, Muzo would get burnt by Deniz's shenanigans.

One day he asked Cey on the sidelines: "What's wrong with Deniz? Huh? Why is she acting like that?"

"In your opinion brother, why?" replied Cey Cey sarcastically to him.

"Me?" He asked pointing at himself.

"Bravo, you got it. A round of applause." said Cey Cey clapping.

"But still?" asked Muzo. "I thought she was happily engaged to Metin, why still treat me like this?"

"Sometimes the past is hard to forget." said Cey Cey patting him on the shoulder. "Especially if that past knocks on your door again, do you understand?"

"I understand." replied Muzo seriously, leaving Cey Cey at a rocket.

He caught a glimpse of Deniz heading for the lift.

He ran off.

"But where are you running to? Muzo!" exclaimed Cey Cey.

Muzo had disappeared. He reached the lift doors just in time before they closed and entered.

"Now you explain what your problem is with me." he told her directly.

"What?" exclaimed Deniz already nervous at the mere presence.

"Explain it to me." he insisted.

"What are you saying, huh?" snapped Deniz. "Who do you think you are to ask me for explanations, huh?"

"None of your business." she added.

"Listen Deniz, I'm not as dumb as you think. I see you only have this attitude with me. OK? I can see that. So the problem is me. Tell me." he said seriously staring into her eyes.

"Ah, ah, you think the world revolves around you, dear Muzo? You are wrong. There are so many problems in this world and you think you are so important?" she told him.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing. You are not! You are not important! Not to me. All right?" she was black with anger.

"Alright, so if I'm not, we can behave like two civilised people, no need to throw barbs, right?" replied Muzo.