40. The Cehver Plan

Once back home, Bulut, Deren, Burak and Ezgi got together to talk.

It turned out from Ezgi's version that Metin had approached her, not as he wanted to imply, for a long time, but in truth for a relatively short time. He introduced himself to her in the shop after Deren.'s wedding, saying that they both had a mutual acquaintance, that he would soon be attending a wedding abroad and that he was looking for a complete man's suit for this. From there, believing that this acquaintance was Deren, Ezgi was very friendly with him, so much so that a friendship was born. Metin never revealed that he was engaged, and the more time they spent together, the more he began to feel something. Something that Ezgi repeated several times that she did not reciprocate. But she did not want to lose his friendship, because deep down she believed it was Deren who had sent him to her as a client, and she was sorry.

Therefore, they saw each other from time to time and talked, but Ezgi had never suspected that both of their fathers were behind it. Although, she could get there.

Metin, a lawyer, indeed one of Istanbul's most distinguished lawyers, suddenly taking an interest in a wedding dressmaker. Absurd to even think about it. But not at that moment.

He had always been nice, friendly and helpful, but now he realized it was only to keep an eye and get information from her. At the thought, Ezgi cursed herself for her naivety.

At that point, Bulut told her about the plan he had hatched with Sanem.

Deren was now aware of Sanem and other members of the agency's involvement. And although displaced, once she talked to her, she could not help but understand her plight and condition. She did not blame her for anything, in fact she understood her. Because after all, she too had been caught in a lie in the past and knew what it felt like.

In fact, she was really grateful to her for always keeping an eye on the situation around her.

Muzo and Deniz were in London to gather information together with Volkan about Metin and Ahmet Erdogan. It was Deren who had initiated it.

While she had focused all her anger on her father, her only target in that plan, Bulut on the other hand was focused on Metin.

This time it would prove, once and for all, which of the two was really a lawyer with a capital A. All this time, the words of superiority, the cutely snobbish tone with which he had always apostrophised him, making him feel inferior had always stuck in Bulut's mind. He hated those kinds of people.

The whole agency was on hand, they all kept their eyes open.

But in all this situation, there was also good news.

Can asked Bulut to take over Metin's role as the agency's lawyer. It was a great leap forward in his career as a lawyer. Can and Sanem gave Bulut complete freedom to manage. Sanem even proposed to find a trusted colleague, an intern who could help him, and who would be hired at the Sanem, under his guidance, while he was busy with the great Fikri Harika.

It took a few months to get concrete proof, but eventually, thanks to the help of Muzo and Deniz, moved by their unfinished business with Metin for the way he had behaved, and thanks, of course, to Volkan, Bulut collected a whole folder of evidence, analysing each document carefully during sleepless nights looking after little Aysegul while Deren rested exhausted.

The day he had been waiting for came. One morning he woke up and after saying goodbye to his wife and daughter went to deliver all the evidence he had in his hand.

Shortly afterwards, with the abundance of material collected, her father's prestigious studio was closed by the police. In the same silent and devious way that he, Ahmet Erdogan, had acted towards his daughter, he saw his great empire crumble before him. An empire of lies and deceit. Not even his team of valiant lawyers was able to protect him, including Metin, who found himself out of a job again. For the judge, the evidence was absolutely overwhelming. And from that long sentence, the two sisters, more united than ever, were repaid materially and morally for all the evil inflicted on them.

Ahmet Erdogan was repaid in the same coin. He was unfit and in prison.

Deren thus showed her father what it meant to turn against her. She was no longer the child to be subdued, or the rebellious girl to be brought down a peg or two. She was a powerful, strong, determined, ambitious woman, capable of protecting, tooth and nail and with such professionalism, what she had created with sweat and tears over all those years. With this victory, she had fought for herself, her sister and her grandmother. But above all, she proved that no one is invincible or untouchable. And who errs, pays.

She was fortunate to have a lawyer with a capital A at her side.

She believed in justice, she had always believed in it, but seeing her husband's passion and dedication for his work, she felt that feeling even more deeply.

Part of the money Deren got from winning the case, she decided to use it for the renovation of her grandmother's house, to which they had agreed with Bulut to move.

Deren had thought of everything. And inside the large mansion, she had already made arrangements for the creation of a room dedicated to her sister, who would always be welcome.

On Burak's side, however, things went like this.

Bulut and Burak's mother, who had remained in the house with the man throughout the court's analysis of the evidence, had taken testimony, recording her companion's voice in which she admitted what he had always done to her and her youngest son.

She had remained in that house for that purpose only. It was not true that she did not want to cooperate, she had sacrificed herself, holding out "in that prison" long enough for him to extract the truth. Exhausted, and trembling, having succeeded, she joined her eldest son at home, rang the doorbell and handed over the envelope in silence. But before she could leave, shattered, her strength failed her and she collapsed before his eyes.

All this happened on the morning of Aysegul's birth, while Deren and Burak were at the agency.

Bulut rescued the mother and, without wasting any more time, immediately ran to deliver the evidence he had in his hand.

And at that point, the judge's final decision was not long in coming.

Once transported to hospital in a state of confusion, Bulut's mother was hospitalized. She later agreed to be treated at a specialized clinic. A long journey of inner rebirth awaited her. She would deal with all the past traumas. It would not be easy, but now that she was free, she could do it. Her soul was at peace, she could finally put the pieces of herself back together.

And Ezgi in all this? What will she have done with the money she got from the lawsuit?

Ezgi, despite the large sum of money that allowed her to completely change her life if she wanted to, decided to invest some of it in her and her mother's business, to repay her for all the sacrifices she had made in raising her alone. For herself, she only took away a small but great whim. She bought a small flat all to herself halfway between her mother and her sister. 

_______________________

Hello readers :)

Thank you for reading the 40th chapter of the story.

We are now at -3 for the finale.

See you soon with the next one!