10. The fateful dress rehearsal

The moment had arrived. Lunch was over, and the girls had reached the atelier where Deren was waiting for the dress fitting.

The place was one of the most sought-after ateliers in Turkey. To have an appointment there was practically impossible. But not for Deren. The shop and the staff were at his complete disposal. While Sanem and the others were seated in a private sitting room, from the long corridor in front of them, Deren would make her entrance, hidden in one of the dressing rooms behind. The staff meanwhile brought snacks and champagne for all of them.

"Uhh... no expense spared girl!" said Ayhan munching on peanuts.

"Ayhan... but do you have any idea where we are?" said Leyla excitedly.

"It's every bride's dream to be here. I can't believe it!" she said bringing her hands to her mouth.

"Ah, if I hadn't been married in a flash, I too would have made a beeline to get in here!" exclaimed Leyla.

"Ha ha! Sister I didn't think you were so taken with it..." said Sanem to her.

"What dress do you think Deren will wear?" she then asked excitedly.

"Bridal." replied Ayhan naively gobbling peanuts one after another.

"Ha, ha... funny!" replied Leyla.

"I'm serious." she exclaimed.

"Hmm, my guess is she's going to have a long drag." said Deniz.

"I, on the other hand, imagine her with a very voluminous Cinderella-style skirt." said Ayhan with heartfelt eyes. Every time she talked about a wedding dress, she daydreamed.

"Ah, I don't think Mrs Deren opts for a voluminous dress. I don't think a princess dress is her style."

Leyla commented sincerely with a contrite face.

"Deren is a very decisive person both in character and style. Have you ever seen her wearing a balloon skirt?" asked Leyla rhetorically, a fashion expert.

"If that's the case, I've really never seen her wear a skirt in general. She always wears bell-bottoms!" exclaimed Ayhan with her mouth full.

"Ayhan, stop it. They are addictive! Look, you have already cleaned your plate! Shame on you! And we haven't even seen the dress yet!" exclaimed Sanem taking her back.

"Phew! You know, peanuts are like seeds, if I find them in front of me, I can't resist!" she replied, munching on another one.

"You can tell..." replied Leyla in disgust. "If I were you, I'd pull myself together Ayhan, we have to try on the bridesmaid dress, I remind you. And you just brushed some peanuts full of salt, not at all healthy." she promptly pointed out to her.

"What are you implying? That I won't fit into the dress, Ice queen?" she glared at her.

Leyla shrugged.

"We'll see about that! You think they will have to enlarge it for me, is that it?" said Ayhan.

"Mh mh." replied Leyla confidently.

"Then, let's bet they'll have to tighten it for me, while they'll have to widen it for you!" she challenged her.

"Ah! Impossible!" replied Leyla scornfully.

"You think so? Then if you are so sure you will win, let's bet!" challenged her Ayhan.

"No need to bet, I will win, dear Ayhan." replied Leyla.

"Girls! Enough!" exclaimed Deniz.

Sanem shook her head. "Always like that you two, eh! The dog and the cat!"