15. Writing is what saves us

Deren took the microphone. A very important moment had arrived for her.

"This dance I want to dedicate to my grandmother." she said, looking at her husband.

There was a roar of applause as the music started the first notes.

It was the song that Grandma Pembe had danced to with her husband in her time.

Bulut looked at her tenderly. After seeing her enter in that dress that morning, he had connected all the missing pieces of the puzzle. He knew Deren's story and her love for her grandmother very well.

Sanem applauded vigorously, knowing the story. He remained on board like everyone else, watching that enchanting scene, two souls pining away in a slow motion.

Finally Deren could enjoy a slow dance with the person she loved.

At the thought, she smiled softly, resting her head on her husband's chest.

Sanem was moved. Can embraced her, dragging her to the dance floor for a slow dance. The newlyweds were inviting everyone to join them on the dance floor.

In a corner, at the table at the back of the room, away from everyone, Cey Cey and Ayhan were chatting with Muzo.

So Sanem looked at Can at the end of the dance, saying: "Love, I'll join Muzo, Cey Cey and Ayhan. Will you keep an eye on the children?"

"They are with my father and Mihriban, look." he said pointing at them.

She turned around and saw the children jumping to music with their grandparents.

"Wow... your dad is wild tonight, huh?" joked Sanem.

Can laughed. "It's true. The kids give him a mad rush. He looks 30 years younger." he replied happily.

"Can don't say that, come on. Your father was always young." she reminded him.

"Yeah, and that's what he always said." he confirmed.

"Age of registry doesn't matter. It's how old you feel inside that counts." his wife said.

"Well, then I guess he feels six years old right now. The same age as our children." replied Can jokingly.

Sanem laughed.

"Ah, he is happy. He has found peace with himself. He is happily married to the love of his life, and he has little pests to keep him busy. He is fulfilled." considered Sanem.

"Here, if I had known that to see him so well, it was necessary to give him grandchildren, I would have given him a dozen." Can said.

Sanem looked at him, frowning.

He placed his hands on her hips and glared at her.

"Let's hear! And who did you do them with?" he asked getting nervous.

"But with you, of course love. With whom else?" he replied quietly.

"Ah, that is..." she replied.

"In the past I always said that I wasn't made for marriage and having children, but... I was completely wrong." he admitted.

"Instead, I think it was the best thing I did in my life." he added.

Sanem looked at him, frowning.

"Can?" she called him.

"Yes love?" he replied still tight in the dance.

"Are you drunk?" she asked suddenly touching his cheek.