43. Stories of a not too distant future (FINAL CHAPTER)

SANEM

There is a phrase I hear very often:

For every bad thing, there is always a good thing.

Here, never before have I heard the meaning of those words.

How much has happened in the last while, huh?

Secrets, intrigues, quarrels, reckoning with the past, goodbyes, but now, as I sit here, at sunset, on the green lawn beside the jetty, I realize that each one has been followed by a beautiful episode, ready to erase what has hurt us most. The present and the future always erase the past.

Take Deren for example: in spite of the past, she now lives her fairy-tale love, happy and content with her little Aysegul, her husband and her brother-in-law in her grandmother's big palace, just like a princess.

Ezgi, too, despite her past disappointment, now seems to have found serenity with her sister, her niece and a certain feeling with Burak.

After Emre's scare over Hatay's alleged paternity, however, the marriage with my sister is going well. In fact, Ilker will soon have a baby sister on the way.

Cey Cey and Ayhan, after their grandmother's beating, are slowly finding serenity by focusing their attentions entirely on the twins, both of whom have decided to honour their parents or whoever their parents were.

Therefore the female was named Nuri in honour of Cey Cey's grandmother, which was the nickname everyone called her in the village. While the male was named Bata in honour of Ayhan's father, it was the nickname she used to call him when she was little.

Well, considering Cey Cey's initial options which included: Can, "Su samuru" given his boundless love for otters, or coffee, espresso, and cay (thè)... I would say the final choice is the most apropriate one.

Muzo and Deniz are getting married soon, and in the meantime she is continuing to follow little Hatay with great interest.

Well? And what about us? Now you will find out.

AT SUNSET...

Can, and the children were at the top of the pier, feeding the ducks that live around there. They had also brought their fishing rod with them, which Can had just placed there.

Sanem watched them sitting on a picnic blanket on the green grass near there. Suddenly she saw Can reaching out to her.

"Take care! Watch out the movement of the water! If you see anything, call out." said Can.

"Alright, Dad!" they exclaimed.

Can sat down next to his wife, beginning with: "I'm so hungry!"

He opened the basket they had prepared together.

"Are you hungry, my love?" he asked.

"Um... not really. My stomach is a bit upset." said Sanem giving him a pointed look as he continued to rummage through the basket.

"Are you alright?" he asked, still with his gaze searching for something specific inside.

"Here, I'm a bit tired lately..." admitted Sanem.

"Eh, I've noticed..." he commented distracted.

"But where did they go?" he asked more to himself than to her.

"What?" asked Sanem.

"The cutlery. didn't I take it out earlier?" thought Can again.

"Ah, yes, wait..." said Sanem pulling out from behind his back, a rolled up napkin.