𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

TWO WEEKS LATERKALI

TWO WEEKS LATER
KALI

News spread like wildfire once the media knew I was divorcing Nathaniel.

I do love being the center of attention but the accusations the media is making against me is detrimental to my reputation at work.

They say "is there another man in her life?" And said I didn't want Nathaniel anymore because he was always busy with work or whatever, yeah fucking three women a day is definitely work.

Today was my first day with my new therapist, it's quite the place. It's big, sleek shiny black, oh and the inside is just luxurious. The things money can do, goodness.

The secretary said he was finishing up with his first client and then he'd start with me.

I didn't look up who he was, but Kieran Hyde definitely rings a bell in my head. I've heard of him before, I just don't know where.

The client left, and it was my turn now.

Lord.

Attractive he was, maybe a bit too much.

Navy blue body fit turtle neck, black jeans, gold chain, hair slicked back with that little piece curved in the front, definitely an upgrade from my other therapist.

"Mrs.Ryder or Alarie, which would you prefer?" He asked.

Oh his voice too, deep but not at the same time?

"Alarie, fuck Ryder."

He laughed.

"That divorce must be going well?"

He ushered for me to sit on the armchair, I sat back and crossed a leg over the other.

"More like they're dragging it on, I don't know how much longer they're gonna keep doing it."

He sat across from me, I got a whiff of his cologne. I think it's called Cuba, smells heavenly to me.

"Is there a way you can get it done quicker?" He asked, now looking directly at me.

"I've tried, they tell me that his family is the one who's stopping it and I have no power against them."

KIERAN

I flipped through her file while she spoke, medical scientist? She even has a few medications out too that even I use, could she possibly help me with my mom? It would do me good if I got her on my side and she seems easy to sway.

Though, she's having a rough time with her divorce. I don't wish to get myself involved in this but she seems like a promising woman, and Nathaniel Ryder's family is below mine.

"Say, I could help you with your divorce. But only if you help me in return."

She raised her eyebrow at me, "help you? What?"

KALI

He locked his door and walked back over to me, "you're a medical scientist right?"

"Yeah-?"

"You're a promising lady, you've helped a lot of people and now you're gonna help me with someone of mine."

He was leaning over me, I scoffed.

"What's in it for me? Why should I even help you?"

"I can make that divorce go through fast."

Now I remember who he was.

Kieran Hyde, I went to high school with this man. He was the popular guy, his family is above all. Authority and money, he had power over the Ryders and he could be of help to me too.

"Be my boyfriend." I told him.

"Be my scientist." He said back.

"Deal."