𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19

CHRISTMAS DAY
KALI

I made some coffee and just stood by the window looking outside, I don't understand why Christmas means a lot to people

I made some coffee and just stood by the window looking outside, I don't understand why Christmas means a lot to people. Maybe it's because family, I don't know nor do I care.

"I sound like a monster, I'm sure no kid would like me." I chuckled at my words, but at least it was peaceful and my heart felt happy that I saw families walking the streets together.

I wished my parents Merry Christmas but got no reply back, figured so. I really wanna go see my sisters, I miss them. They were babies but still sort of cared for me, I hope they're happy with their lives. I hope my parents were around for them and gave them all the love in the world.

I heard a knock on my door, who would even be here..?

I put my coffee down and answered the door, it was Kieran-and Elise?

"Kali!" She hugged my legs, I bent down and picked her up. She hugged my neck and kissed my cheek, "Merry Christmas!" She has a big smile on her face.

I let them in, "um-thank you Elise" it was weird but I felt really warm?

"Why do you look sad? It's Christmas! You should be happy." She held my face, I chuckled "I'm not sad hun, this is my normal face."

"Nu uh, you look down and I don't like that! Dad make her feel better!"

I laughed a bit, Elise ordering the big mob boss around is fun to watch.

"And how do I make her feel better?"

"Figure it out, I can't do all the thinking for you!"

"You're a sassy little girl aren't you?"

"I just don't want Kali to be sad. So make it better, hmph."

I put her down, she walked away from us.

"She's bossy huh?" I asked and crossed my arms, "I love her but she's very bossy and sassy, she's a cocky little thing too."

I laughed, "yeah she gets that from you, anyways what are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be with your family?"

"We decided to visit family that wasn't there with us."

Sappy bullshit, "that's too sappy even for you."

"I have a heart okay"

"Where? Are you sure you're not delusional?"

He chuckled, it's probably best I give them the gifts I got for them. It was weird because next thing I knew I bought him and Elise gifts, I still don't know the reason behind that.

"Im not delusional anymore, here" he handed me box wrapped in snowflake wrapping paper with a bow on it.

I put it on the counter, "I uh-actually have something for you and Elise."

He looked surprised, I went to my bedroom to get it. I got him a watch, I didn't know what to get him and that was the first thing that I thought of.

I got Elise a toy and one of those big squishmellow looking things.

KIERAN

I did really want to visit her today, I knew she'd be home and I figured that company might do her well even though she pushes me away.

I know I'm annoying to the point where I keep bothering her, but after what I've done it's like I don't know how to apologize properly so I just show up.

She came over to me with a small box, "it's not much." She said when she handed it to me.

Her even letting me into her house willingly is a gift for me, "and this is for Elise."

"Elise! Come over here please." Elise skipped over to us when I called her, "here Elise, this is for you. I hope you like it."

"I like anything Kali gives me!"

Elise thinks of Kali as her mom, It did hurt her when Kali left but she said she couldn't hate her because Kali was better than any woman that crossed paths with me.

That was true.