𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 27

FEW DAYS LATER
KIERAN

FEW DAYS LATERKIERAN

"Your daughter caused a big fuss today, she knocked a girl out

"Your daughter caused a big fuss today, she knocked a girl out." Kali and I were both called in to Elise's school because of her "acting out" or whatever these stick up the ass people like to call it.

"She said something mean! I was just putting her in her place." Elise huffed and crossed her arms, Kali was trying to suppress a laugh, I had to suppress my smile after hearing how Elise is exactly like me. That's my baby girl, never been prouder.

"She's suspended for three days, if this happens again we will have to expel her."

"Listen here Principal-Kelly? I don't like to threaten people, but if you decide to expel our daughter it'll end with your head on a stick. Got it?" The principal looked scared of Kali.

I'm aware Kali will actually do that and try to do some type of experiment on a dead body knowing her.

KALI

"What did that girl say to you Elise?" I asked her while Kieran was driving, "she said you weren't my real mom, so I punched her in the face."

I'm so touched by that, Kieran laughed. "Baby you're exactly like me, well done." He told her and she giggled cheering. We shouldn't condone this but we're both crazy, Elise has Kieran's blood running through her so it's only normal she be crazy as well.

But the mom topic, I wonder how Kieran is handling that. He was all for it when Elise started calling me mom, but somewhere deep down inside of him he's not fully okay with it because the look on his face whenever she says mom.

LATER

"Kieran, are you sure you're okay with Elise calling me mom?" I asked him while we dropped Elise off at Kian's since they wanted her for the weekend.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine with it." He said, keeping his eyes on the book he was reading.

"You don't like it, I can see it on your face." I said and sat beside him on the couch.

"What are you trying to get at here?" He asked.

"I don't know, I was going on a thought."

He closed his book and pushed his glasses up to rest on his head, he grabbed my arm and pulled me over to sit on his lap facing him.

He rested his hands on my thighs, squishing them as he pleases.

"You ARE Elise's mother, doesn't matter if you didn't give birth to her you're still her mother. I was fucking proud of her for defending you at school, anyone who says you are not her actual mom is just asking to die. I'm happy that she calls you mom, she finally has a female figure who she can grow close to instead of just Angel."

"Did you ever feel lonely?" I asked.

"Switching the topic?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm trying to get all my damn questions out so answer them will you?" He chuckled and sighed.

"Yeah, I did feel lonely. I did have my family but even when I'm in a crowded room, there I stood with Elise in my arms feeling lonely as ever."

"It must've been hard"

He nodded, "having a kid who looked like my ex wasn't good for sixteen year old me. But even so, I made sure to give her the best of both worlds. Kian and Angel helped me more than I could imagine back then."

"You're a really good dad, you're doing your best and you did your best."

He smiled, "thank you for that, it means a lot to hear that after so long."