𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24

KALI

Kieran got recognized as well, for using his position to do good and maintain a safe LA.

It was a dinner event now, people got up and spoke to one another. I knew my parents would Iwant to talk to me, I wanted to avoid them.

Course Kieran kept me close with Elise in his other arm, I couldn't ignore my family, Especially my sisters.

I told Kieran I was gonna go speak to them, he said he'd join me in a few.

I walked over to them, my parents still look young as ever. My sisters, they're adorable.

"Kali.." my sisters, Melanie and Martina said in unison.

They both hugged me, "we missed you! We missed you so much!" They started crying.

My heart hurt, I squatted down to meet their eyes. "I missed you girls too, I really did. I wanted to visit but I was busy..."

She hugged my neck, both of them still crying.

I hugged them, my poor sisters. I should've at least stayed in contact with them after getting married in some way.

Elise being the little social butterfly she is, she formed a group with Melanie and Martina and a few other kids and they were talking like real adults. I love how bossy Elise is, and she speaks what's on her mind.

"Hey mom..and dad."

Suddenly they both hugged me, "we're sorry we couldn't do anything to help you when you needed us Kali..you were right in front of us and we were too busy to notice."

I know I've wanted to hear that, I know if I didn't have my head screwed on right I would've accepted how sorry they were but I can't.

They aren't bad parents, it's just I'm not ready to forgive how they never paid attention to me and when I got married off even though the Ryder's threatened them they prioritized their company over my happiness.

"Please let me go." I told them, they both did.

At the same time I felt Kieran's hand on my back, "we're really sorry for everything Kali." My dad said.

My parents walked away after that, "I don't wanna be mad at them, but they-.."

Kieran pulled me in front of him and held my face, "I know, you don't need to forgive them. It'll all happen if you're ready for it to happen, no one is pressuring you into forgiveness okay?"

I nodded, he kissed my forehead. "That's my girl."

There was dancing here as well, couples were slow dancing with each other on the dance floor.

Even Elise found someone to dance with, it was cute that they were doing their own little dance.

Kieran was just finished talking to a group of people, he was coming back over to the table.

He put his hand out, "let's dance"

"I can't dance for the life of me." I told him.

"Don't worry about it, even if you stumble a bit no one will know." He smiled.

I sighed and took his hand, we made it to the dance floor.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands stayed on my waist, the song ended and another came on. Middle of the night came on, it's such a masterpiece.

"Perfect song" Kieran said as we started swaying, "why is it the perfect song?" I asked, curious as to why he said that.

"Listen to lyrics."

He started humming it, I listened to the lyrics closely as he spun me around and brought me back in.

"Don't tell me this is how you feel about me?"

He smiled, "most definitely is."