𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 29

LATER
KALI

"S-stop please!"

The audacity she has to beg and plead for me to stop.

Her face is bloody, broken leg and broken arm.

I swung my bat into her side, she screamed.

I squatted down to her and grabbed her bruised and bloody face. "I bet he begged you to stop but you didn't."

"I won't come near him again! P-please.."

I got up, flipped my bat up and used the handle to knock her out. She lay on the floor, I checked her pulse. She was still alive, I'll leave it at that then.

"Yeah if you even decide to come anywhere near him I will actually kill you, do you understand?" She nodded and collapsed right after.

LATER

"Well it was about time you joined." Kian said, I took a seat on the other side of Kieran.

He looked at me, I'm sure he was scanning if I had any blood on me. I cleaned myself before coming here so I should be okay.

"Now that everyone is here, let's celebrate the twenty fourth birthday of our amazing Hyde twins!" His mom said, we clapped.

I leaned over to Kieran and kissed his cheek, "did you like the picture?" I whispered.

"You're the devil in disguise." He whispered back, "did you like it?"

"I did actually, it's probably the best birthday gift I've gotten." He held my chin and kissed me.

"You two can do that later, it's family time." His dad said, we pulled away and grinned at each
other before focusing back on the family.

NIGHT

It was about eleven in the night, Kieran had put Elise's pyjamas under her outfit since he knew she would fall asleep after everything.

He went to put her to bed before coming into the room, he came in and threw himself on the bed.

I still haven't given him his gift yet, he and Kian were showered in money and gifts practically. They were still in my car and the rest in his.

"I'm tired." He said, muffled.

I finished changing into my nightgown and made my way over to the bed with his gift, I placed my hand on his back and rubbed it. He turned his head to the side and looked at me, "I'm getting fucking old and I don't like it."

"You're being very depressing on your birthday." I told him.

"What do you have in your hand?" He pointed the box I had out.

"Oh, it's your birthday present from me. I didn't get to give it to you but here."

I gave him the box, he rolled over onto his back and sat up.

He opened the box, "a ring on a chain?" He looked at me while holding the chain.

"I don't know if you wanna wear the ring or wanted it on a chain so I just put it on a chain, read the ring though."

He looked at the ring closer, "you're never alone" he read on the inside of the ring.

"It's nothing big but I figured maybe when you feel down, just look at it and remember you're never alone." I added.

He undid the chain and took the ring off, he slipped it onto his middle finger. It fit perfectly, I'm glad.

"Despite everything I've received today, yours was really the best Kali." He looked at me, tears in his eyes.

I kneeled on the bed and cupped his face, he closed his eyes and his tears fell.

I hugged him, and he hugged me even tighter.

"Thank you Kali, you saved me in more ways than one.." he said.

It makes me happy, even though I'm not fully healed from my past and I still do resent him a bit..I can't wish bad upon him ever.

"Happy birthday my love." I said and kissed his temple.