𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18

A MONTH LATER
LA
KALI

Christmas is rolling around again, the season of giving

I never enjoyed Christmas, never had the family to celebrate it with till I met Keith. I guess some can say he's like a little brother to me and we spent Christmas, thanksgiving and our birthdays together. He was like me, a kid who's parents were present but distant.

He rekindled that relationship with his parents so I told him he could go spend Christmas with them. He asked if I'd be okay, I told him I would be.

He left Paris and went home to Canada to spend Christmas, a true Christmas sounds nice. Winter, snow, snowmen and snowball fights, hot coco, a dream really.

I was typing on my laptop when there was a knock on my apartment door, I'm not expecting anyone?

I got up and went to answer it, you're kidding me.

I was about to close my door but Kieran stopped it, "what do you want?" I asked.

"Can we be civil just this once?"

I pursed my lips and furrowed my eyebrows, "..fine." I let him in.

"No Christmas decorations?" He asked in a shocked tone.

"I don't celebrate it." I closed my door and shut my laptop off.

"Really-? You don't celebrate it?"

"I don't have a reason to? It's a waste of money for me."

"You don't need to spend money to enjoy Christmas." He said.

"Not like I have the family to be with so don't bother going there."

"Then join my family for Christmas."

"Yeah I'll pass on that thanks."

"Come on, it won't take a lot out of you." He said.

He put the bag he had in his hand on the table, "I don't like Christmas, you and your little family can enjoy it."

"My mom and Elise wanna see you again."

"Let them know I declined your invitation. I'm busy and I don't want to come."

"Not even for Elise?"

"Fuck out of here with that, don't use your kid against me."

"It was worth a try." He shrugged and came closer to me.

I put my hand out to keep him at a distance, he grabbed my hand and used it as leverage to pull me up to him.

One hand was holding my hand in the air and the other was just around my waist, "if you don't agree I'll take you by force." He said.

"And I'll make sure you can never have children again." I spat back.

He chuckled and leaned closer to rest his head on my shoulder, he let my hand go and slid that hand around my waist bringing me even closer to him.

I don't know why I'm not fighting it, subconsciously I think it's because I want to forgive him for everything.

Hesitantly I placed my hand behind his head and my other hand around his waist.

He wasn't tense, he was more relaxed than ever. No one said anything, we just stood there in silence with the embrace of each other.

I can't tell what's going through his head or why he'd even want to hug me like this, but it-it felt good to be held. It's the same feeling I had when he hugged when I cried that day in the hotel.

"You're comfy." He said.

"Why did you come here?" I asked.

"I did need to drop that bag off." He replied.

"What's in it?"

"You'll see when you open it."

He left after a while, I opened the bag and saw a note with a bunch of snacks and prepackaged food. These were all foods that I wanted to eat so bad back in highschool but had to cut myself off. I developed a bad relationship with food after that.

But I've been comfortable in my own skin for a few years and gradually started to eat more, "I know it was my fault you couldn't eat these, but I hope you're able to eat them now-Kieran"

I caught a tear rolling down my cheek, the little girl in me that hated herself started to heal.