𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 35

2 MONTHS LATER
KIERAN

"Sir you'll need to wait in the waiting room while we take her for an emergency c-section."

Panicked? Worried? Fucking terrified? Yeah, let's put it that way.

"Kieran, she's gonna be fine. Come on." Kian said as the doctor rushed away to the nurses that were rolling Kali's bed to the operating room.

"...I won't be able to look at that child."

"Kieran don't say that, come on let's go grab you a coffee okay? Kali will be fine, don't worry about it."

LATER

It's been two hours, a c-section shouldn't take this long..

"Mr.Hyde?" The doctor asked, I shot up from my seat.

"Yes? Is she okay?"

The doctor smiled and nodded, "sorry for the long wait, she gave birth to a little girl. It took awhile because the baby wasn't breathing."

"They're both okay though right?"

"Yep, both healthy and well. You may see them." She pointed to the room.

I rushed over to the room, it was a blurry scene because of my tears but once I wiped them it was like a dream.

The sun was shining just enough through the window, Kali was sitting up on the bed with our baby in her arms.

I went over to her and put my hand behind her back and kissed her forehead, "I thought I was going to lose you.."

"I told you that it was gonna be okay, we're both okay-look at her."

Our baby was wrapped up in a white blanket with stars on it, I don't know why but this feeling..it feels good. I wasn't there to see Elise when she was born, I regretted it so much.

"What do you wanna name her?" Kali asked and looked up at me.

"Let me help!" I turned around to see Elise, Angel must've brought her.

"Hey babygirl." I picked Elise up and let her sit on the bed with Kali, "is this my little sister?" She asked.

Kali smiled, "of course it is hun, what do you think we should name her?"

"Luna!"

Kali looked at me, "that's a beautiful name for her." Kali said.

"Luna Alarie Hyde?" I asked, "I like the ring to that."

LATER
KALI

Kieran had taken Luna so I could get some rest, being in labour for so long was exhausting.

Kieran told Kian to grab me something to eat, instead Angel literally made a whole meal that she called "recovery meal" it was a healthier version of fried rice? Vitamin water to drink-the list goes on.

Kieran's parents came by in a hurry, I watched as their faces lit up with joy.

I can't believe I gave birth to a baby, in all my years I never thought that was possible.

Kieran let his dad hold Luna and he came over to me, "how's the new mommy doing hm?" He asked while pushing my hair back from my face.

"I'm okay, I'm glad everything went well."

He caressed my cheek, I nuzzled my face into his hand.

"It was scary wasn't it?"

I nodded, "I was scared when they said she couldn't breathe, but then they said it was just that they didn't clean her airways properly."

He nodded as I spoke, "no more kids though." He said.

"Oh I agree, so wear a condom now."

"You take birth control."

We both laughed, the light hearted laughing makes me feel good.

I heard a knock, we both looked over and it was a parents with my sisters.

"Ah right, I called them." Kieran said.

It was about time anyways, Kieran did me a favour.

His parents left, Kian and Angel left as well taking Elise with them for now.

"Kieran reached out to us, I know you don't wanna-.." I cut my dad off.

"It's okay, I'm open to it now and well..you guys have the right to meet your granddaughter."

Kieran gave Luna to my mom for her to hold, my sisters were both happy to see her.

"So shes our niece?!" Martina asked, "yes, her name is Luna."

"I like her name, it's pretty like her." Melanie said.

"She's beautiful Kali, you did an amazing job." My mom said, she let my dad hold Luna.

Maybe it's the praise I've always wanted to hear from them, it's not necessarily the time for it but I oddly feel really happy.

My parents were people of very few words, but they looked proud of me.

"Kieran can I speak to you outside?" My dad asked.

"Huh? Sure."

KIERAN

"Kali is doing better I hope?"

I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms, "she's been doing great, Kali is really special." I said.

"Please take care of her..we-no I couldn't be a good father to her and the guilt stays with me everyday."

"Is this some sort of goodbye?" I asked.

He nodded, "Kali's mother and I are leaving LA. We don't want to hurt Kali anymore by being present."

"I see, don't worry. Kali and our family will always be taken care of with me around. I'll give Kali the world, I already planned to do so."

"You've given her so much, and as a father who feels like he's giving away his daughter I thank you for everything."

"I have your permission to marry her right?"

He laughed, "yes, you do. Her mother and I give you permission to marry her."