𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 32

TWO MONTHS LATER
KALI

"How many times are you gonna come home bleeding?" I asked while bandaging Kieran's arm.

"Did I know he had a blade on him? No, wasn't till after he was laying on the ground." He said.

I rolled my eyes and pulled the bandage tight, "fuck-that hurt." He said looking away from me.

"Uh huh, you keep getting hurt and it's only a matter of time before I get a call saying you're dead. Come on now Kieran, smarten up. You have a family."

"Elise is aware of this and she's not phased by it, everyone knows that I take risks like this."

"You sure about that?"

He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows, "what? Course I'm sure about this shit."

"No you aren't."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach, "this, I'm talking about this Kieran."

He blinked a few times, "huh-I thought you couldn't-.."

"Yeah that's what I thought, but PCOS doesn't completely make me infertile. There was a small chance and it just so happened, that small chance happened to prevail."

"..."

He went quiet and moved his hand away.

"Get rid of it." He said.

"What? I'm not doing that!"

He looked at me, his eyes grew dark and his stare cold. I'm not scared of him, but now I'm getting the chills.

I calmed down and sighed.

"Unless this baby decides to die on its own, if you want it gone you can kill me too. I'm sorry but you were part of making this and you don't just get to tell me to get rid of it."

He sighed and closed his eyes.

The mention of having a baby scares him, Rachel raped him and had Elise and he wasn't even ready to be a father, it brings up memories for him I can tell.

I held his hand, "can you look at me?" I asked.

He did as I asked.

"I know what you're thinking, and I know you're scared but Kieran, I'm not Rachel. This was done with full consent, we both knew that there was a chance and we still took it."

He shook his head, "that's not what-it's not what I'm thinking about. I'm scared, not to become a father again but if I lose you. I don't want to be left with another child to take care on my own, it's painful enough that Elise is Rachel's spitting image and I'm sure this child will be the spitting image of you that's too much pain for me to endure."

"You're not looking at the positive side."

"Positive?! What fucking thing is positive when it comes to pregnancies?? You could die, the baby could die, you could fall ill, depression, every single thing that can go wrong is up for grabs during a pregnancy."

He was upset, he stood up and shook my hand off.

"Kieran, everything comes with the risk of death. Every single thing, death is not avoidable but I know that I won't die or become any of those things that you're thinking of."

"You don't know that Kali! You don't, it's never certain."

"Kieran please, just please have faith in me like you've been doing all this time."

"You don't know what can happen Kali, that's all I'm gonna say." Just like that he walked out.

I pursed my lips and blinked away my tears, I'll have this baby even if he doesn't want it. If he wishes to not have anything to do with it then I'll leave, this baby is innocent and I know I can get through this pregnancy.